Cordoba, Argentina
Temple #145.
Inklings was so good today. Emily discussed President Uchtdorf's talk, "Encounter at the Empty Tomb." These were Emily's suggestions to come closer to Christ:
1. Get 10 minutes of sunlight every morning.
Remember, Christ is the Light of the world.
2. Have your first encounter with Christ through prayer, scripture study, etc.
3. Go forth testifying and doing good.
4. What did I feel, see, experience, today?
5. Consider this a disciples journey. (Kacey, did you get #5?)
Kacey ordered Charlie's scriptures and carrying case today and I agreed to pay for them as I have done for all of our grandchildren.
Kat & Larry came today, maybe for the last time. Kim, James and I made a trip to town to mail Kacey's care package, return the cane with the seat, and buy some more stain at Home Depot. While we were in Home Depot shopping, Harold called and said that Polly's funeral wouldn't be until August 22nd and they didn't know where it would be yet.
We got some more rain today and I got a flash flood warning on my phone. I kept getting the warning over, and over, and over again. Maybe it was for the Kick'n'Back camp. They are down in a wash.
Kim and I finished my 65 handouts for Relief Society, Young Women leaders and Primary leaders.
Kim has been making cookie dough all week and freezing it for their ward's elder's quorum. Brian is the elder's quorum president and he ask her if she could make 100 cookies. They Young Men and Primary kids have been coming in to get cookies. When the 100 are gone, they are gone.
Kim is also making two kinds of no-bake cookies for James. He remembers his mom making these cookies and he loves them. The first batch she made had peanut butter, and the second batch had Nutella. Honestly, as much as I like Nutella, I liked the peanut butter ones better.
More Christmas movies!!
bed-ridden with arthritis.
He has 12 or 13 children.
No comments:
Post a Comment