Hartford, Connecticut
Temple #155.
Laura got her second birthday card. I'm still wondering what happened to the first one.
I wasn't going to go to church today because my knee was so stiff and painful. I was laying on the recliner in the family room when James came in all ready to go. When I told him I wasn't going, he said, "but we need to take the sacrament." I looked at the clock, it was 9:15. I could make it if I hurry. It was 9:48 when we walked out the door. Lorraine Vaught opened the chapel door for us and we walked in just as Brother Tesarek got up to conduct.
It was fast Sunday and James bore his testimony. It was a good one and I was proud of him.
Sunday School was in the chapel. Seth Spencer, a new member of our ward, and a young Dad, was the teacher. We don't hear very well anyway and being in the chapel makes it worse. Because I couldn't hear I got out my phone and found the "Unshaken" YouTube video and put on the close caption. I learned some things from Brother Halverson. He talked about how the Jews were scattered and taken captive partly because they were not keeping the Sabbath day holy. The land was deserted and rest was obtained. A sabbatical of sorts.
I brought last week lesson handouts for Teresa Smith and Debbie Schwarz. I never found them so I brought them home again. I texted Teresa and found where they hold class and will take them to their class next week.
Kilee Hunsaker Faucett, her husband and little girl, Kinsley, have moved into our ward. Kilee was one of my young women and she and her cousin Leeann, were two of my first friends when we moved to Vernon. It is good to have her back.
James saw Pierce two times today for treatment on his mouth.
Kim and Brian are here. Yay! Kim will be staying two weeks and Brian will be going home tomorrow. They brought our supplies from Costco and Tractor Supply. I had to write Brian a check because of my problems with Zelle.
Brian cooked a week or two worth of burgers for Kim. He is so good to her!
This evening we watched "Tour of Italy" and "All of My Heart: The Wedding".
"The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a wedge to divide families but a bridge to unite them eternally."
- Elder Taniela B. Wakolo
Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment