Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Temple #152.
While James was gone to town this morning, getting stain, two new decorative trees, and a chicken cashew salad for me. There is a year guarantee on the trees and he was two days late so they would not give him his money back. They did give him store credit. Thank you Lowes. Thank goodness Culver's opens at 10:00 or I would not have gotten my delicious salad.
Did I mention that I miss Kim this week.
While James was gone to town I stayed home and watched Inklings. Emily and her daughter Megan were the presenters. The talk was the one Emily gave, "Best Days and Worst Days" by President Emily Belle Freeman.
Scriptures: Matthew 14, 16, and Luke 22
Word: Best - Hebrew: towb - A good thing; better; sweet.
Invitation: "Have you ever accepted an invitation from the Lord and then felt unequal to the task? We all know what it is to doubt, to experience sinking moments. But notice where Jesus was when Peter accepted the invitation that seemed too big. He wasn't shouting instructions from the shore or offering advice from the safety of the boat. he was in the water - with Peter, within reaching distance.
Promise: Because of Him, no matter how bad things are right now, your best days are ahead.ome
Favorite Quote: "And maybe it took both the worst days and the best days for Peter to become who the Lord needed him to become.
Affirmation: I am not defined by my worst days. Becauseof Jesus Christ, I can rise again with faith, hope, and courage. My best days are ahead as I keep my eyes on Him and trust His power to strengthen and transform me.
This afternoon I made two ministering visits, first with Cheryl Sedig, and then with Kerri Halcomb. I missed Cheryl's birthday on Sunday so I brought her a birthday card and a journal that says 'Be Happy' on the front. She had just had the RS lunch bunch and then a presidency meeting at her house so it was a busy day for her. Donna Beckham was still there, picking some onions from Cheryl's garden. I took the opportunity to ask them about the new RS schedule coming up in September when RS is every week and for only 25 minutes. Cheryl asked if I still wanted to teach one week a month and I said yes, unless they needed me to do more. Cheryl said Amy would also probably want to teach only once a month. She also said it was difficult to find teachers because some sisters are intimidated to teach adults. I told them if I needed to, I could teach twice a month.
After Donna left Cheryl and I had a nice visit. She said she had assigned Kathy and I to minister to her because we were already ministering to Pat Tedder who lives out Cheryl's way. She had taken Cindy Brown off our beat, because she lives quite far out in the other direction. Now that Pat has passed away Cheryl said she wasn't sure it was a good idea for us to visit her. She doesn't need visits because she is already involved in all of the RS activities and gets plenty of chances to interact with the sisters. I told her how much Kathy and I had enjoyed visiting with Cindy Brown and it might be difficult to find someone else to drive out as far as she lives. I also told her that I thought Cindy was someone who needed visits. Cheryl said she would talk to Kathy and see how she felt about visiting Cindy again.
After leaving Cheryl's I went to Kerri Halcomb's. Kerri has changed the house quite a bit since her mother passed away. She took down most of the family photos. On one wall she has photos and awards from when she was a border patrol agent. Kerri had two dogs, three cats, and a niece that live with her. The niece's name is Dominique. She is a divorcee who is in a custody battle with her ex-husband over their three children. Kerri is worried about her because she is supposed to get a job and she doesn't even seem to be looking. She was supposed to be employed by the end of July. She has a court date coming up in August and may not get custody of the children because she told a lie about her ex-husband saying he was abusive to the children. Kerri wants to help her but she also wants Dominique to be more responsible.
James won't be going to the temple tomorrow. He is just not feeling up to it, and honestly, neither am I. My left knee is barely bendable and is causing me a great deal of pain.
I finished reading the book, "Seeking Persephone" and started the next book in the series, "Courting Miss Lancaster." I also watched the first two episodes of Lacey Chabert's new series, "Paris is Always a Good Idea." I will need to watch again when Kim gets back.
Here are the Christmas movies I watched today: 2022 - "A Fabled Holiday" starring Brooke D'Orsay & Ryan Pavey. 2023 - "Checkin' It Twice" with Kevin McGarry & Kim Matula. 2024 - "A Novel Novel" with Julia Gonzalo & Brendan Penney.
"Heavenly Father sent Jesus to earth. He showed us how to live to be happy. He taught us how to love God and love others."
- President Susan H. Porter
Nehemiah 2:20
Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.
wrote "Seeking Persephone" and all
of the other books in the Lancaster series.
Cosper Byars. I am sad she
didn't come to our reunion as
she lives in Snowflake.
No comments:
Post a Comment