Belam, Brazil
Temple #174.
This morning I asked James if he would get me a Doctor Pepper Zero. I said: "They are in the bottom cupboard to the right of the kitchen sink. He came in a few minutes later and said I can't find any soda in the pantry. I told him again where they were. He brought me my thermos filled with soda. I took a sip and realized it was Coke Zero instead of DPZ. "Is this Coke Zero?" "Yes." "Did you remember I asked for DPZ?" "What's DPZ?" "Never mind honey, this is fine."
James is sanding and staining logs and other wood on the back porch. This morning he was sanding and already had his stain out and he tipped it over. Guess what he used to clean it up? My new shop vac!
He promised he would clean it out, which he did, but the filter is very dirty from all of the sawdust he has vacuumed up. I gathered it up and put it away, in my closet where James won't think to look, or at least he will have to ask me before he uses it.
James made a trip to town to pick up prescriptions, buy horse feed, and buy me a salad at Culver's. He asked me to go with him but I told him I needed to bake cookies and finish handouts.
I baked 102 cookies and bagged them, two cookies per bag. I laminated all of my Attributes of Christ handouts and started cutting them out since I am finished with the others. I'm going to take them with me tomorrow when we go to the valley and cut them out on the way or way back. After baking and working on handouts, I had some R&R time with Tom.
The survey for our land was finally recorded with Apache county. James had me type out a warranty deed for Dave & Wendy Elkins. We are taking it with us tomorrow so Brian can notarize it. We will be getting our money early next week. What to do with it. We want to invest it and try to live off of the interest, but we are novice investors. Hopefully Heavenly Father will provide a way.
This evening I had a meeting with Donna Beckham, Janna Grombach, and Amy Reynolds. Earlier this week Donna and Janna, who are in our ward RS presidency, attended a stake training meeting regarding the new Sunday schedule. Amy is the other RS teacher.
Donna had taken notes of the meeting and had typed them out and made copies for us. I was grateful for her dedication. Her are just a few of the things she wrote down:
Ways to begin a lesson discussion:
1. What did the Holy Ghost teach you as you were preparing for our discussion?
2. What is a principle or truth that was meaningful to you this week?
3. What is one thing you learned from your study this week that you would like to share?
4. What attributes or characteristics of the Savior did you learn in your study this week?
5. What principles of the gospel did you identify as you studied this week?
6. What did you learn about trials, the Lord, or yourself this week?
I like this approach, because it puts the responsibility for the discussion back where it belongs, on the participants in the class. It makes you realize that home-centered, Church-supported is the way we learn best.
I shared cookies and handouts with these sisters. Donna has never been here before and she said now she knows why everyone says our house is beautiful.
'A Peculiar Treasure'
Elder Alan R. Walker
"The Lord declared that His people would be a peculiar treasure unto Him if they would obey His voice and keep His covenant."
Psalm 31:3
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy names sake lead me, and guide me.
She is so talented!
not only is she talented, she is thoughtful too!
No comments:
Post a Comment