Fortaleza, Brazil
Temple #164.
Our new mattress is like sleeping on a cloud. It is very soft and comfortable but will take some getting used to. My shoulders and knee were a little achy this morning. I don't think I will be going to town as I had planned. I'm going to stay home and take it easy.
Kim's arm is hurting today, and she won't be painting today. She worked on paying bills, things she could do without raising her arm.
I put the movie, "Surprised by Love" on but didn't really sit and watch it. It is one of those 'golden oldies' that Kim and I both love. Hilarie Burton and Paul Campbell, and Tim Conway are all in the movie. Tim Conway is hilarious and it is a fun movie to watch or just have on in the background.
I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Chase bank today trying to solve two problems. The first, to get the home equity loan we have off of auto-pay, since it is paid off. It took speaking to five people and almost an hour to get the problem resolved, but finally, I did.
The next problem was a charge on my Prime credit card. James bought some nutritional supplements on Aug. 2nd. The cost was $177.63. This charge was on the Freedom card. Today I looked at my Prime card and there were two charges on this card the same day, one for $14.95 and the other for $207.00. I looked for a number to call, even going on this companies' website but could not find one, so we told the bank we did not make this charge. James is adamant he did not make it and when I showed him the products on the website he said he did not recognize any of them. Of course, my card was cancelled for the second time in about a month. The will send me a new on in 5-7 business days. I hated to do this but it was necessary.
Some other things we did today. We looked at our Acorns saving account and figured in the last two months we have made $78.41 in two months.
James also signed some more papers and had me do likewise for the sale of the timeshare. I certainly hope this sale is legitimate. If we get the $35,000 from the sale, James wants to invest it in geo-thermal energy.
James worked on the balcony today and came in with dirt and sawdust all over him. He made the mistake of sitting on the red recliner and left dirt all over it. When he discovered it, he went and got my little battery run vacuum and tried to use it. All it did was get more dirt on the recliner. I told him to go get the wet vac, which he did. I think James was impressed with how well it cleaned the dirt up.
I had a chat with Stacy today. The news of the day is Vader's health issues. He has a ruptured anal gland and has to wear a cone and will probably have to have surgery, which is very costly. Paul is suffering from arthritis, especially in his feet which are swollen and sometimes he can't even walk. Mary is also becoming a problem. She cannot be alone even for five minutes. Friday she called to ask Paul what he was doing on Saturday. He said he had some errands to run. She said to him, maybe we can do your errands after we do mine. The entire family is concerned but they aren't quite sure what to do about it. Stacy said Mary made the comment after Marvin died that she needed to put on her big girl panties. "Mom, she still hasn't put them on."
Did I mention that Sheri, Ian, Ben, and Cayli are not coming this weekend to help us. Ben and Cayli can't afford it and Ollie has a vet appointment. I was quite disappointed.
We watched the best family Christmas movie tonight, "Letters to Santa." The two kids in this movie made the movie. It's a good one!
We got more rain this evening and we are so happy!
"Consider your ministering assignment as "Christlike caring" of the Lord's most treasured possessions."
- Elder Gary E. Stevenson
Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Mason and Charlie
like these shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment