Arequipa, Peru
Temple #167.
Happy 20th Birthday Joshua!
For the first time since May 15th, James and I went to the temple.
That is a 3-month hiatus. This is visit #13 and we are so grateful we were able to make it.
We had prayer and read Alma 50:21-40 before leaving the house. On the way to Snowflake we did the section in this week's lesson, 'God's perspective is greater than mine.' We also read Job 38-39 and two conference talks, "Seeing God's Family through the Overview Lens" by Tamara Runia and "Think Celestial" by President Russell M. Nelson. We just finished President Nelson's talk when we arrived at the temple. Both of these talks were wonderful!
Dr. Oldham's wife gave me my new name. Her husband did surgery on James's hand last October before we went to Texas for Scarlett's baptism and Benson's blessing.
Alan & Delci Frost were in our session. James sat by Alan who was a friend of his in high school. I sat by Ivon Smith Wilcock, a daughter of Ted Smith who was a high councilman from my ward when I was a teenager in Show Low. Ted Smith is one of my very favorite people of all time. So kind, friendly, and loving and he gave the best talks. Ted and his wife raised 10 children in their small farmhouse in Linden. I was friends with his daughter and Ivon's older sister, Anell.
Alan's wife Delci sat in front of us by Leone Pearce Reidhead, the last of the Pearce sisters who is still alive. I remember them from when I grew up in Show Low. There was Babe, Clea, Vivian, Leone, and Joy their brother. My dad used to rodeo or rope calves with Leone's husband, Doy. Seeing Leone brought back memories from my growing up years.
After our session, which was wonderful by the way, we headed to Eva's for lunch. Alan and Delci drove up beside us and went in before we did as we were taking our Tramadol before going in. James suggested we sit with them so when the hostess sent us to the table next to them we told her we would like to sit with our friends.
Since we don't know Alan and Delci very well, I began by asking them questions. How many children do they have. They have three boys together, one of them is their bishop, and Alan has two children, a boy and a girl, from a previous marriage. He was married to Jolene Baird. Again, a blast from my past. Jolene's father, Joe, was one of my dad's friends. I remember going to their house for dinner one time.
Alan's daughter is a bartender at Charlie Clark's and she goes by the last name of Baird, not Frost. We all have challenges in our family. We all have people we worry about, people who hurt us yet we go on loving and caring for them.
Alan and Delci have been married 36 years and are members of the Paloma ward in Show Low. Delci's brother is Terry Whipple who was a member of our graduating class but never comes to our reunions. Delci is a cousin to Pat Tedder, Pete Whipple on the Whipple side and she is Deanne Hunt's cousin because Delci's mom was a Hunt. Alan used to carpool with Dennis when they both worked at the pulp mill. He said one day Dennis was driving and they ended up in a snowbank. I ask if they got stuck, and he said no.
Also, I found out that Alan was with Barry Flake the night Barry pulled my mom's stuck station wagon out of the mud at Dag's Reservoir. I told him he was one of my heroes. Also learned that Alan served in the military. In high school he was a cowboy and James remembers riding bulls with him at Barry Flake's.
It was so much fun visiting with them and learning more about them.
Kim is at our house making cookie dough to put in the freezer for next week's Relief Society. She said she opened a bag of flour I had in the pantry and there were weevils in it. She asked if we could stop and get some more flour. I had planned on going to Walmart anyway. James was driving and I reminded him that we could park in a handicapped parking space. We found two together but instead of driving in forward, he decided to back in. Instead of looking at the camera inside the car he was looking outside the car and BAM! he hit a big yellow pole. He was so down on himself I couldn't be angry with him about the big dent in the rear of my car. He said he would fix it and it will either cost $500-1000 depending on our deductible.
It was an expensive trip to Snowflake. We shopped together for a few items, Ovaltine, flour, a small watermelon, lemons, and almond milk. I went to get some mousse for my hair on the other side of the store and James bought dark chocolate covered almonds and Crunch Master crackers while we were separated. It's okay he can buy what he wants, I just thought it was funny that it happened when he was not with me.
When we came out of the temple we noticed it had rained. We looked towards Vernon and it was overcast. It looked like rain but later we found out it wasn't in Vernon but between Snowflake and Vernon.
Brian arrived soon after we got home. He and Kim have a scan at 4:00. I won't even try to explain what that is, but it involves the computer and someone on the other end who is helping them with health issues. Brian brought with him my Costco order, 2 cases of Fairlife shakes, and a box of ribs I sound advertised on my Costco app.
We were going to buy some, but we passed up the stand in Taylor.
Brian bought his at a little stand in Show Low from his former
bishop's brother.
Kim is making over 100 cookie dough balls for Relief Society next week. She has one more batch to make. She is incredible!
Oh, BTW, James is using my vacuum upstairs to vacuum up sawdust after working on the balcony railing. I said, Oh, I thought you had two or three of your own. I really only wanted mine to be used on the car or to vacuum furniture in the house." His comeback, "do you want me to put it up and get mine." My inner dialogue, "Yes I do." What I said to him, "just be careful with it, clean it out and return it when you are finished and please, next time, use yours."
Our movie tonight could be classified as a musical and I loved it!
It's called, "A Carol for Two" starring Ginna Clair Mason & Jordan Litz. They both have incredible voices!
"Jesus Christ is not the burden; He is the relief."
- Elder Wunderli
Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
Joe's brakes. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment