Monday, August 10, 2026

Friday, August 7th, 2026: Talk w/ James @ 5:45 am, James selling timeshare for $35,000, Kim & I go to town, August cards, Walmart busy but enjoy Kim's company, hot today, flies on the horses, "The Christmas Contract"

 

Concepcion, Chile
Temple #160.


I ask James if we can talk at 5:45 am. That's when we worked out all of our problems from yesterday. We really do love each other and this is just one of those things that couples do who have been together for a long time. Sometimes we need a reset, we need to remember the good times, and to repent and say we are sorry. If feels good.

James has been dealing with a realtor on the internet and he says he is selling for timeshare for $35,000. He says he feels like it is a legitimate deal. Someone from Mexico is buying it. I told him I was onboard as long as we did not have to put forth any money. 

Kim and I took a trip to town to finish our shopping trip from yesterday. There were some essential things I forgot to get. We bought birthday cards for August and an anniversary card for Darrel & Trina. Walmart is very busy, but I enjoy Kim's company. 

I bought two new pair of capri sweats, some lemon meringue Built bars, Caramello squares, cherries, lemon and Dove dark chocolate pudding for James. I also bought peanut butter for my celery sticks, and some whole canned green chilis so I can make green chili cheeseburgers. 

We got no rain today and it's hot, around 90. Flies are bothering the horses so James put their masks on. Kim happened to go outside and the horses get excited when they see her because she feeds them oats, and carrots on top of their regular food. She went in and got some carrots for them. Kim said she could see Apollo's eyes through his mask so she knew he could see. She said Luna acted like she couldn't see through her mask as she slowing backed up out of her stall. The horses ended up in the field, Luna's tail swishing the flies off Apollo's face and him doing the same for her. Luna's mask ended up on the ground under a tree.

Our movie tonight was starred two of our favorites, Hilarie Burton and Robert Buckley, in "The Christmas Contract." Hilarie has made several Christmas movies where she goes home to Louisiana for Christmas. I wonder if she is from Louisiana. They have some interesting traditions. Instead of Santa Claus there is Papa Noel who arrives on a boat in the river pulled by alligators. The people light bonfires on the shore to help him find the way. Anyway, this was a great movie. We loved it.

"For disciples of the Savior, charity encompasses both what we do and what we can become as this spiritual gift ultimately possesses us."
- Elder David A. Bednar

Esther 9:28
And that these days should be remembered and kept throughout every generation, every family, every province, and every city; and that these days of Purim should not fail from among the Jews, nor the memorial of them perish from their seed.

Emmy in Glacier National Park

We need this in Vernon!


Go Benson!






No comments: