Payson, Utah
Temple #146.
I got up at 3 am and took my Prednisone. Later I took 2 Tramadol and 2 Tylenol. I want to feel my best for today's high school reunion. Before I left I took 2 more Tramadol and 2 more Tylenol.
James and I left around 10 am. for Snowflake. The first event for our reunion is lunch at the Silver Creek Senior Center. I have the address in my phone but I wasn't using it. The address is on Main St. in Snowflake so I figured we couldn't miss it. I remember seeing on MapQuest that it was next to a Furniture Gallery. As we were going through Belly Button, the little community between Taylor and Snowflake, I saw the Furniture Gallery, so I was on "high alert."
Northern Pioneer College had a sign, Silver Creek Senior Center so I made a turn and followed the sign around behind a building and there it was, the senior center, in a manufactured building. There was a big sign that said, "Welcome Class of 66." We thought we were still in Belly Button, but I guess we were on the edge of Snowflake.
We went in the same time as one of my old boyfriends, Gene Coon. He was my boyfriend when we were in the 8th grade and he would walk to school with me everyday. I remember he had a job as a short order cook at a restaurant called the Malapai Inn. I was impressed that as an 8th grader he had such a "prestigious" job.
First we had to find our badge and then pay for our lunch before we found a place to sit for lunch. We visited with a few of our classmates before sitting down. I loved seeing my friend Sharon McCleve who came down from Utah to be here. I also enjoyed visiting with Deanne Hunt Hatch who is Rita's cousin on her dad's side. She told me her older sister Sonya has Rheumatoid Arthritis. Interesting that Rita and a cousin on both her mother's side of the family and her father's side of the family all for RA.
We sat by Ted & Carol Kiepke, and Gene Coon. There was an empty seat next to Gene and I told him maybe someone would like to come and sit by him. He commented, "No one wants to sit by me." I thought maybe Rita would but when I spoke with her she said John Payne had already asked her to sit by him and she didn't want to be rude. The only problem is, John has a wife. Rita says she is bedridden, but that shouldn't make a difference. She also said, "we aren't going to do anything." Later, when John left his seat, Gene went and sat by Rita. It made me laugh. I'm cheering Gene on because John is still married.
For lunch there was a small salad bar and homemade chicken noodle soup, pulled pork sandwiches, beans, and potato salad. For dessert there were some kind of cookies. James said the potato salad had a smoky flavor and was really good.
We sang on high school song and then a gentleman with the last name of Adam's told the story of America's fight for freedom and the coming forth of the Constitution. It was really good, but a little long.
John Adam.
That's Ladon Warner holding the microphone. She is the one
that makes all of the reunion arrangements.
Ladon wants us to ride in Snowflake's 24th of July parade tomorrow. James and I will pass. She has also ordered lunches for everyone from Sonic. We told her we would not be here tomorrow.
James and I snuck out a little early because it sounded like Ladon was going to go around and have everyone tell a little something about their lives. We didn't want to stay that long as we were both tired. We did stop at the Taylor Walmart and pick up a few things.
Those who attended the reunion: Ladon Warner, Deanne & Marion Hatch, Rita Tenney Solomon, Gene Coon, Ted & Carol Kiepke, John Payne, Bruce Greco, Barry Flake, Sharon McCleve Beck, Loretta & Randy Willis, Richard Farabee, Deon Whipple, Pete & Chris Whipple, Blake & Karen Sherwood, Alan & Delsey Frost, Kent & Ava Hall, Kathy Hunt Brewer, Charlie Hendrickson, Richard Gonzales, Michael & Margaret Chlarson, and two guys sitting by Loretta that I didn't recognize.
We got rained on on the way home but there was no rain in Vernon today. Brian is here with Fairlife shakes, and trail mix from Costco.
Kim mowed the back lawn and James edged it.
I got a text from Ruby. She finished her miniature teahouse. Lola says she is almost finished with hers. Also, Darrel & Trina got a new truck.
It was 117 in Phoenix today.
Today's Christmas movies: "Christmas Scavenger Hunt" starring Kevin McGarry, "Double Holiday" starring Kristopher Polaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment