Yigo, Guam
Temple #172.
(Picture taken on Mother's Day. I don't have many
pictures of myself that I like, but I like this one.)
Today was a Best Day! I woke up this morning and had my morning devotional, scriptures & prayer with James and worked on my blog a little.. The first person to wish me a happy birthday this morning was Kleis Bennett, a friend from our days in Chandler. She direct messaged me. It was so sweet of her.
James and I are meeting Harold, Vickie, Dennis and Denise at Grumpy Jake's @ noon. We left the house around 10:30 because I have a card and a small gift to give to Millie Scott. It's her birthday too. Millie was already being picked up by Judy Hunter to have lunch at Persnikkity's. They were still in Millie's driveway in Judy's car. I gave Millie her birthday card and the small bag with the pumpkin apple candle I bought for her. I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. I also thanked Judy again for my beautiful card. I told them to enjoy their lunch, and then I went back to our car so we could get out of their way.
As we headed for Show Low I looked at the sunflowers growing beside the road and realized what beauty is around us. I had a feeling of gratitude. Our first task in Show Low was to mail Charlie's birthday card at the Show Low post office. Next we stopped at Chase bank and James went in to get money to pay Kat & Larry as they are working today.
We arrived at Grumpy Jake's about 20 minutes before noon. We got out table, the same one we sat at last September when we came here for my mom's birthday.
When everyone arrived we ordered our food. James and Harold had the Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Harold had a side of fries and James had the cowboy beans. Vickie had the French dip sandwich, Denise had a whole cranberry chicken salad and I had the half, Dennis had a pulled pork sandwich with a salad. The food was good except Harold & Vickie's fries were a little meh.
I love that Grumpy plays oldie songs. We heard the Everly brothers, Johnny Rivers, Rick Nelson and Brenda Lee just to name a few. The first song was "Stupid Cupid" which was a Connie Francis song but it didn't sound like Connie singing. Anyway, here are a few photos I took:
order any dessert. I would have loved some
coconut cream pie or lemon meringue.
We don't see Dennis, Denise, Harold, and Vickie very often and it was fun to "catch up."
On the way back to Vernon I took some pictures because everything looks so beautiful right now.
but this picture doesn't do them justice. I love
the blue sky, white clouds, green rolling hills,
and beautiful yellow sunflowers. Normal people
may wonder why I live far from stores and other
conveniences but this is why. Be still my soul.
God's handiwork
For my birthday James said I could order the Green Mini Carpet Cleaner.
Here is what it looks like:
I am so excited!
James also paid for everyone's lunch at Grumpy Jake's. He is very generous!
We stopped at the post office and picked up a card from Sheri's family. Everyone had signed it with a thoughtful message and Sheri also sent a $50 Amazon gift card. Here is what I bought with the gift card:
baptism, but I don't think it will arrive in time.
Back at home James and I joined Tom for rest time. James and Tom are on the bed in the bedroom, and I'm on the recliner in the family room. They sleep, I just go into relax mode. First I played Match Factory on my phone, then I listened to "Kiss of a Stranger", read from Emma M. Lion volume 8, and did 50 exercises with this lovely contraption:
One of my ministering sisters, Susan Goodman came for a visit bearing gifts. She brought me some chocolates with praline and raspberries. Even though they are milk chocolate, James loves them!
I took this photo in the dark, but I wanted
everyone to see how beautifully each piece
was wrapped.
Susan also brought me a half dozen Colorado Freestone peaches. They are so beautiful you almost don't want to eat them, but when you take your first bite, you realize you do want to eat them because
they are delicious! Thank you Susan for thinking of me and for staying and visiting awhile, and for the wonderful gifts and card. I love you!
from James!
You can't see this beautiful card from
Judy Hunter in the picture above, so
I had to post it here. Love!!
I got messages from all of my children and their spouses and lots of
friends on Facebook. I feel loved!
When Kathy Crane brought me the bouquet of flowers, Tom was on my lap. When he saw her, he slinked off into the bedroom.
Another tender mercy I experienced today was some unexpected rain this evening. It was a perfect way to end the day. James and I also watched a couple of episodes of "Paris is Alway a Good Idea" starring Lacey Chabert. I worked on my Relief Society handouts while I watched.
I have to tell a funny story on myself. Last month my lesson was on President Christofferson's talk, "The Character of Christ." I looked for handouts on Etsy and Love, Pray, Teach that talked about the attributes of Christ and that is what I used. As I was walking down the hallway out of the kitchen I glanced to the left where I have some family photos and other items posted and found this yellow handout listing the Attributes of Christ and scriptures that go with them. How did I miss this last month? Anyway, I am making copies, laminating them, and handing them out to the sisters a month late.
Christlike Attributes on the right.
"Focusing on the Savior, His infinite Atonement, and what He has done for us will bring joy and clarity into our lives."
- Elder Dale G. Renlund
Psalm 25:16
Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
Birthday Memories with some of my granchidren:
Best Buddies
Ruby and Lola. Not sure where Addy was.
This is the day we made Twinkie Minions.
can see the horses waiting for him. He whistles for them, and
they whinny back and Apollo snorts too.
Young Women go to the temple to get their endowments.
This is Grace Umpress in the white dress with her parents
Aaron & Ashley. I had Gracie in Primary. Congratulations
Gracie!
Cade Flake.
No comments:
Post a Comment