Praia, Cape Verde
Temple #173.
I got up early and ready for the temple so I could watch Inklings before we had to leave at 8:30. James tried to invite Virgil Cooper but he wasn't answering his phone and his messages were full. We usually go to the temple on Friday but tomorrow I am baking cookies for Relief Society so today is temple day this week.
The talk we studied in Inklings today was Elder Renlunds', "Because of Jesus Christ."
Invitation: Open wide your broken heart and let your Savior in!
Promise: Because of Jesus Christ, all that is unfair in life can and will be made right. He will consecrate our afflictions for our gain.
He will sanctify to us our deepest distress. He will fill with sweet a bitter cup. He will dependably and consistently make us whole. If we let Him, we will "suffer no manner of afflictions, save it is swallowed up in the joy of Christ."
Favorite Quote: "All mankind may be saved because of Him and His atoning sacrifice. All means everyone. If everyone, then anyone. If anyone, then even one. And if even one, then even you."
Affirmation: I am centered in Christ. Because of Jesus Christ, I can keep my heart focused on what matters most. As I look to Him first, He fills my life with greater clarity, purpose, and lasting joy.
James and I did our gospel study on the way to the temple. We listened to Alma 53:1-17 and for our Old Testament study we read the section of this week's lesson entitle, "The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." We also read Psalms 26-28. When we were finished we went to Halverson on Unshaken to learn more about the Psalms.
Our 10:00 o'clock session was pretty full. The temple is closing the end of August for a couple of months so more people are coming. We saw and visited with Debbie Holyoak after the session. She was the post mistress in Vernon for several years. She knows Harold and Vickie.
We decided instead of going out to eat we would just go home and eat from our frig. We had ribs, cottage cheese and avocado and everything tasted delicious and we saved some money too.
After lunch it was rest time. James took a long nap before going to work outside. I sat on the recliner and did my rest activities: playing Match Factory, listening to my online book, reading from Emma M. Lion and doing my 50 sit-ups. Afterwards I did a little walking and worked on this blog/journal.
This evening James and I watched the 5th episode of "Paris Is Always A Good Idea." We were disappointed and hope next week's finale will be better. I did work on handouts while we were watching.
"It is not only my worthiness, but the Lord's mercy that allows me to be in the temple."
- Jared Halverson
"Wherever you are now or whatever you are going through in your life, you can feel God's infinite love manifested through His Son, Jesus Christ."
- Elder Mutombo
Psalm 26:2-3
Judge me, O LORD, for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.
The Quilt for the Fears Family
This is Kacey speaking:
"This is how the quilt turned out. I delivered it today to the place where Tracey worked and they will deliver it to his wife. They thought that was the best way and then to let her reach out to me if she wanted to and when she was ready."
"The darker squares have dandelions in them. I sent her a framed copy of the explanation of the symbolism - why I chose the color, pattern and design of the quilt."
"I wrote her a letter as well. It feels good to have that part behind me."
"The Lord has truly guided the whole thing. Even down to how to get it to her. I had a dream I was at the temple with a lady in our ward and she told me she knew someone that could deliver it to Stephanie, his wife. I called her the following morning and sure enough she did!"
"It has been a sacred experience and has been healing for me and I hope it helps to bring her comfort and healing as well."
This is so beautiful!!
Purple and Pink
No comments:
Post a Comment