Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Sunday, August 9th, 2026: Evans Farnsworth passes away, Rita sends me Polly's funeral announcement, Khloe's saddle, We sit in front, Kim in back, Elaina Jensen, the Brown's, RS, grilled chicken, ADHD podcast, Sabbath takeaway

 

Rome, Italy
Temple #162.


Evans Farnsworth passed away today. His wife, Terry, was my secretary when I served in the stake Relief Society presidency. I love her. Evans was also our stake president in our early Chandler days.




Rita sent me Polly's funeral announcement today.


We had to bring a saddle for Khloe to borrow to church today. Somehow I forgot the handouts I was going to give to Teresa smith and Debbie Schwarz, and Teresa was waiting for me in the foyer when we came in. 

We sat in front in our normal spot because we can hear better and Kim sat in the back because that's where she is comfortable. 

Elaina Jensen was the youth speaker in sacrament meeting. She spoke about joy in Christ. Doug & Cindy Brown, recently back from teaching in China, were the other speakers. 

We finally have a couple of Gospel Doctrine teachers, Cope Reynolds, and Doug Brown. I think they will both do well.

Amy Reynolds taught Relief Society today. We studied Brother Wunderli's talk, "Jesus Christ is Not Our Burden, He Is Our Relief."
She gave each of us a small picture of the Savior to carry with us everywhere, just as Brother Wunderli's six year old son did. (It is warm in the Relief Society room).

Pam Wood sat by Kim and I. We sat in the front row. 

When we got home from church Kim was tired and went downstairs to take a nap. James and I made grilled chicken. I made a chipotle rub and James grilled the chicken breasts on the outside grill. We both thought the chili was a little too spicy. I ate mine with Chik-fila sauce and it was actually quite good. I have enough to eat it all week.

I got a text from Rita about Polly and we ended up talking about our health issues. Rita has leukemia from taking Methotrexate. Her numbers are very good right now. She says because of the leukemia, she can't do an infusion for her arthritis. Maybe that's why her doctor will let her take 1 mg of Prednisone everyday. 

While I was working on my blog this afternoon James decided he needed another "fix" from Pierce, paste for his mouth. Pierce gave him a treatment and sent him home with two more. 

These are my takeaways from today's meetings:
Elaina Jensen - Infuse a diffuser with oil and it purifies and cleanses the air. Infuse our hearts with the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ's pure love and joy is the result.
Alma 19:6 - Now, this was what Ammon desired, for he knew that king Lamoni was under the power of God; he knew that the dark veil of unbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the light which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness - yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul, the cloud of darkness having been dispelled, and that the light of everlasting life was lit up in his soul, yea, he knew that this had overcome his natural frame, and he was carried away in God- The light of Christ, or the Holy Spirit, had infused such joy. I love that.
Cindy & Doug Brown - They asked if there were any members of the Church they could serve. They were told there were two African women who had not been visited since coming to China to go to school. The took a three hour train ride to visit these two women, Emma and Flora. The women were so grateful they came as Brother Brown administered the sacrament to them. They had not partaken of the sacrament for over a year. This was a great story because the Brown's wanted to serve and asked what they could do. They were willing to travel three hours to visit these women and Brother Brown was worthy to administer the sacrament to them.
Amy Reynolds - Take Jesus with you, everywhere you go and when the Spirit prompts you, act upon it.
I am grateful for these takeaways, and I am going to try to apply them in my life.

"I witness that a spiritual power and direction...will come into our lives as we keep the law of obedience and sacrifice."
- Author Unknown

Alma 5:28
Behold, are ye stripped of pride? I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life.

Khloe Mack as a kindergartener.
She is even cuter as a teenager.

I always love encouragement from President Holland


No comments: