Meridian, Idaho
Temple #158.
We made a trip to the valley today. Originally, I had an infusion scheduled for 11:00 at Arizona Arthritis. I cancelled it but saw Edith Gazo, an assistant to Dr. Kumar, at noon. I like Edith as much or better than Dr. Kumar. Both seem so young. She will not let me go on Prednisone like Rita. She says the side effects are too great, high blood pressure, cataracts, and loss of bone density. She will let me be on it for two months to get my pain under control. She is looking into another type of infusion medicine and will try to get it cleared by my insurance. The name of the medication is Rituxan. She gave me an order for bloodwork and a chest x-ray, but I lost them. Oh dear.
We went by Kim & Brian's to pick up some medical supplies for Kim that Brian left on the front porch. We also swung by the cleaners to drop off James's blue suit. Stacy will pick it up for us, her house was next. I picked up my two dresses I left there to be hemmed and dropped off my brown one with the white polka dots. Stacy will take it to someone she knows who is much cheaper than the last place I took it. We got to see Joshua, give him a hug, and talk to him for a few minutes. He is still working and going to school part time. He carried my dresses out to the car for me. Oh yes, he said he was working on a deep clean of his bedroom and bathroom. I wonder whose idea that was.
Next we drove over to Gilbert to my trifecta (a group of 3 good things), Cafe Rio, Deseret Book, and Costco. First we had chicken salads for lunch at Cafe Rio and two drinks. Our bill came to $28 and I thought that was a little high. I looked at the receipt and realized that our medium drinks were $3.39 a piece. Yikes! Next time we are having water.
From Cafe Rio I walked over to Deseret Book while James moved the car. We had parked in a handicap spot right in front of the cafe but the walk wasn't too bad, or at least I didn't think it was. When I walked in to Deseret Book the first person, and really only person, I saw was Kirk, my friend Polly's son-in-law. He is the manager. I said hello, and asked him if he had any pocket-sized For the Strength of You pamphlets. He said no, they had not come out yet. I told Kirk that President Freeman had shown one on her podcast for women, called Inklings. He then said, "Well if she is showing it on her podcast that means there will be a demand for them and we will be getting them soon." I'm just afraid it won't be in time for my lesson.
I think told Kirk who I was and that his mother-in-law Polly was my best friend in high school. I asked him when her funeral was going to be and where. He said it would be on August 22nd, at 11:00 in San Tan Valley at the ward where Polly attended. He wasn't sure of the address. I didn't worry too much because I knew I could get it from Rita. Oh yes, one other thing Kirk told me, Polly was cremated last Saturday. I was a little surprised, but times have changed and I know several LDS people who have chosen to be cremated.
When I got back to the car, I was so quick, James didn't even have time to come in, I told him my knee hurt too much to go to Costco and we should just go home. He had wanted to go by Arizona Stone to get some stone to fix the cracked stone on our front porch and steps, we need seven of them, but he said he wouldn't. I said he could go and I would wait in the car, but he said we could do it another time. He also backtracked a little so we could go home the Payson way because he knows I prefer it.
We stopped at Walmart on the way home and picked up my Prednisone prescription, 42 pills, which will last me a month. Edith said she would write me a prescription for one more month after this.
There were huge storm clouds all over the sky. My weather app had said this morning that there was a 100 percent chance of rain in Vernon. Well, they were right, it did rain in Vernon, just not at our house! So disappointing.
Kim did a super good clean of our bathroom today. It looks great. She is getting ready to paint it later in the week.
Our movie tonight was "Holiday Date" starring Britney Bristow and some actor neither Kim nor I have seen before but we loved him. I would give this movie an 8.
It was great to see Tom and the other kitties this evening.
Minerva Tiechart.
burned in the Pinedale cabin fire. I would
have loved to give them to Charlie.
No comments:
Post a Comment