Monday, August 3, 2026

Sunday, July 26th, 2026: A day of highs and lows, mostly highs, Jamesons' speak in sacrament meeting, Mikki Gilbert, my lesson, cookies a hit, Sister Jensen's prayer, "The Trouble with Christmas Mistletoe"

 

Indianapolis, Indiana
Temple #148.


Today was a mix of highs and some lows, but mostly highs. My low was my left knee that is so stiff I can barely bend it.

I got up around 4:30 and finished the outline for my lesson. I also added one more handout to my packet. This one comes from Preach My Gospel, Chapter 6: "Seek Christlike Attributes", 'A Pattern for Becoming More Christlike.' 

I wore my black dress today with my pearl necklace and pearl earrings. I matched Linda Stephens, as she had on a black dress with white pearls. 

I knew my new black belt had been delivered to the post office. We left early and I picked up my belt and wore it with my dress. It is stretchy and fit perfectly. I love it.

The first people we saw when we drove up to the church were Roger & Mikki Gilbert. I have not seen Mikki since before James's accident. She was in a wheelchair as she has had her foot amputated and doesn't yet have a prothesis. James got to speak with Mikki while I was setting up my room.

I set up for my lesson while James looked for someone from the Primary and Young Women's to give handouts to.

The Jamesons', Georgie, Jeanette, and Devin spoke in sacrament meeting. I especially enjoyed Brother Jameson's talk about how he changed his life to become active in the church again. I used his example of giving up TV programs he knew he shouldn't be watching if he wanted the Spirit in his life in my lesson. 

There were several people gone today but we also had lots of visitors, including Camrie Hunsaker Griffin, who participated in Relief Society.

Sister Jensen gave a beautiful opening prayer in Relief Society, inviting the Spirit to be with us. We are off and running. I had listed on the chalkboard Christlike characteristics mentioned in the lesson and in Preach My Gospel. In closing I challenged the sisters to choose one Christlike attribute they would like to develop in their life and work on it for the next month. I told the sisters that mine was going to be patience.

I felt like the lesson and discussion went well. Teresa Smith is in the temple prep class with Debbie Schwarz. The class is taught by Judy Hunter. I told Teresa I would save her and Debbie a handout and would bring it next week. She seemed excited. I am excited that Debbie is preparing to go to the temple.

Kim's cookies were a hit. I handed them out at the beginning of the lesson and the handouts at the end. Those I spoke to after the lesson:
Tina Allen, Camrie Griffin, Linda Price, Rosie texted me as did Sue Young, and Linda Stephens direct messaged me on Facebook.
Several sisters talked with James when he came in to help me load up my things and said they enjoyed the lesson. One of these was Cheryl Sedig, the RS president. Today was Cheryl's birthday. I have a card for her but I thought her birthday was the 29th. I am her ministering sister so I made an appointment to go see her this week and bring her card and a small gift. 

This evening we FaceTime with Charlie, Kacey, and Jared. Charlie asked me if I would speak on the Holy Ghost at her baptism. I told her I would love to! It's on the 29th of August. We had a nice visit with them. We always love seeing their faces and talking to them.

Kacey is doing something amazing for the Fears' family. She is making a memory quilt featuring Tracy Fears, the father and husband who passed away in the accident. A friend is helping her with the quilt and they are embroidering things said about him when he passed. His name will be in the middle of the quilt. I am anxious to see it when it is complete and think it is such a wonderful idea!

"Our belief in the Resurrection. . . encourages us to fulfill our family responsibilities in mortality. It helps us live together in love in this life."
 President Dallin H. Oaks

2 Chronicles 30:27
Then the priests the Levites arose and blessed the people: and their voice was heard, and their prayer came up to his holy dwelling place, even unto heaven.

San Francisco and Max's Marathon


Said by Sheri





Go Max!

This is the dress Charlie got when they went to
San Diego. I love it!







No comments: