Trujillo, Peru
Temple #147.
James woke up with a call from his friend, Anthony Romyak. Anthony just wanted to visit. He talked about his cat and his beautiful roses surrounding his property. It made James want to pay a visit to Anthony. It was good to hear from him.
My new phone has not been ringing and I'm not sure why. I asked Brian if he would look at it. He did and was baffled until he went in to settings and scrolled down to Sounds & Haptics. My ringtone was turned down. Brian turned it up and everything was fine. Thanks Brian!
Kim was making my oatmeal butterscotch, chocolate chip cookies for Relief Society tomorrow. She is making 48. James and I both tried one and we both loved them. Kim had quite a baking schedule for July. Here are the things that I remember: Brownies for Ruby, sugar cookies for Lola, snickerdoodles for workers who helped us. Cadbury chocolate brownies for Jared Ammon, Cadbury chocolate chip cookies for Joe, some kind of an apple cake for Max's birthday, two carrot cakes for Barbara Tignor's birthday, no-bake cookies for James - two batches, 48 oatmeal butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies, 100 chocolate chip cookies for Brian's elders quorum.
There may be more, I will have to check with Kim. All of this baking and Kim hardly eats any carbs herself.
After Kim was finished with the cookies, she and Brian left for home. She is going home for a week to see Joe, her kitties, and to teach her Primary class. Stacy has been teaching the last month.
Lots of thunder and lightning this afternoon and a little rain. Scooter was sprawled out asleep on the little table I have out on the deck. After a crash of thunder I looked out had he was hiding under the couch. It is raining all around us but we are just getting a slight drizzle here.
President Lynn Jones called me today to check on James's progress. We had a nice visit and I thanked him for his care and concern.
I started volume 7 of The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion today. Niall Pierce kissed Emma at the end of journal six and I want to see where this relationship goes.
I spent time studying for my lesson tomorrow about the "Character of Christ" by President D. Todd Christofferson. This is such a good talk. Kim has only been gone a few hours and I already miss her.
I finished blogging July 9th and 10th then went in to watch the newest Hallmark Christmas movie, "Love Under the Mistletoe" starring Jen Lilley and Nick Bateman. It was nothing special but it was festive. I made wordstrips of the attributes of Christ from chapter six of "Preach My Gospel", The Attributes of Christ. James came in and joined me. I love it when we are cozy like this.
made me.
No comments:
Post a Comment