Lisbon, Portugal
Temple #166.
I had this thought when I got up this morning. How do we walk with Jesus all day long? We have to try to always have His Spirit to be with us. This is the key. The Spirit is the conveyer of the Savior's grace. It is through the Spirit that we feel His love and His presence in our lives. So I guess the real question is, how do we always have His Spirit to be with us. What we think about and focus on makes a big difference.
I felt the Spirit today as I read Elder Soares's conference address, "Jesus Christ - The True Vine." The Savior said: "I am the true vine. . . . Ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."
Today's Inklings study was Elder Rasband's talk, "He Is Risen." Emily's daughter Megan made the following worksheet as Emily taught from John 5.
I am never without hope.
Because Jesus Christ lives, I can face today with confidence and peace. His Resurrection reminds me that no trial is final, no sorrow is forever, and His hope is always available to me.
This is so comforting to me!
As part of our "Come Follow Me" study under the heading "When he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold", we were asked to read from Spencer W. Kimball's teachings about adversity in "Tragedy or Destiny?". Here is a quote from this chapter in Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball:
"If we looked at mortality as the whole of existence, then pain, sorrow, failure, and short life would be calamity. But if we look upon life as an eternal thing stretching far into the premortal past and on into the eternal post-death future, then all happenings may be put in proper perspective."
It was a good morning of gospel study! Now for the afternoon. I read this from "The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion, volume 8, May 31st:
"All related thoughts end with the realization that a good deal of life is watching those we love consider the stupidest of possibilities."
- Emma M. Lion
Kim took some pictures while she was outside this morning and shared them with me. She goes out and feeds the horses, and then she does something called "grounding" where she stands barefoot in the grass for 10 minutes. This is also the time where she soaks up the "sun." Anyway, here are her photos:
"Frien-emies"
telling Tom to quit climbing trees.
sunflowers and lavender verbina
James made a trip to Springerville to see Dr. Smithson this morning. He couldn't believe how green everything was:
Usually these hills are a light yellowish brown. So beautiful.
Dr. Smithson is a very nice man. He is a member of our stake presidency and I have nothing but good things to say about him personally. This is the doctor James was supposed to see the week he got home from rehab. We couldn't get an appointment until August 13th. That's why we went to Dr. Ellsworth instead. When James told Dr. Smithson about the problem, he was very concerned and apologized. He said if he would have known he would have made an earlier appointment. James told him about trying to get a hold of him. Anyway, it's all water under the bridge now. What it boils down to is Dr. Smithson is going to transfer him to the Show Low office where he sees patients two days a week instead of the Springerville office where he sees two days a month.
While James was gone Kim and I watched episode 4 of "Paris Is Always a Good Idea." Jason and Chelsea (Lacey Chabert) admit they are falling in love but Jason wants Chelsea to go see Marcos in Spain for closure. He finds out later Marcos is a billionaire who lives in a castle.
Well, the guy from Kings USA Realty Corp said the Mexican government is asking for $3,900 from us as some sort of permit. He insures us it will be reimbursed after the sale goes through. I reminded James we said no money paid upfront. He still was leaning towards doing the deal until he looked up Kings USA Realty Corp on Google and found this:
That settles it. No deal with these guys. Goodbye $35,000.
Kim finished painting the bathroom today. Yay! The color, Evening Mist, makes the room look lighter, airer, and more spacious. Thank you Kim!
You can tell here how much lighter the
color is than the original
Tonight's Hallmark Christmas movie:
"Twas the Date Before Christmas"
starring: Robert Buckley & Amy Groenig
Feeling the pressure to bring someone home for Christmas, Jessie convinces Bryan to join her family for a day filled with holiday events which they call Christmas Olympics, only the family doesn't know it's their first date.
"The Only way we can come to know our Heavenly Father and gain eternal life is by coming unto Christ and following Him."
- Elder Wan-Liang Wu
Job 19:26
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
No comments:
Post a Comment