Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Saturday, August 8th, 2026: Up @ 3:30 to start MacArthur's cinnamon rolls, "Christmas on the Bayou", Kim begins painting bathroom - Tom goes outside, J & I go to town, dump, mail Ro's card and D&T's, Culver's, Circle K, H.D., a little rain,

 

Barranquilla, Colombia
Temple #161.


I got up at 3:30 this morning to start some cinnamon rolls for MacArthur's. Instead of going back to bed, I went over to the family room recliner and watched "Christmas on the Bayou."

Kim began painting the bathroom today. Tom was laying on the bed. He didn't like all the noise and moving the ladder in the bathroom, so he went outside. 

James and I made a trip to town. The first thing we did was mail Rowan's birthday card, and Darrel & Trina's anniversary card. 
James needed to go to Home Depot. I asked if he would stop at Culver's and get me a salad so I would have something to do while he was in Home Depot. He did. I had my delicious salad while James was shopping. We had ordered six shrimp for him. He ate five and I ate one. Yummy.

We got a little rain on the way home but nothing too exciting. 

James used the earwax cleaner I bought the other day. Now he says his hearing is worse, and I would have to agree to him. 

The wall Kim painted looks so good! We have waited a long time to get this room painted. It may take several days, but that's okay. Kim does a great job. 

James worked on sanding the railing on the balcony outside of his office. He also cleaned up the two dead trees he cut down. He is making a burn pile in the back where I can't see it. We have lots more to go. 

I am so happy I am about to catch up on my blog. This two posts a day thing really works when I am consistent. This is the one thing I feel a little bit of success with in my life. My blog. I would like to change it up a bit and share my testimony more and somehow reach more family members.

James did the dishes while Kim and I watched the latest Hallmark movie, "Absolutely Devoted To You" starring Kimberly Sustad and Jesse Metcalf. We actually really liked it. I didn't think I would like Kimberly and Jesse together, but I did and so did Kim.

"Through our example and service to others, they will feel the Savior's love for them."
- Elder Michael John U. Teh

Proverbs 16:32
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Happy 17th Birthday
Molly!



Happy Anniversary!

I remember this day so well!

Rose tree

So many wildfires




No comments: