Monday, August 10, 2026

Thursday, August 6th, 2026: Best Day - Knee seems better, Inklings, oil changed in car, rain in Sholo, J does dishes & puts sheets on bed, Christmas movie; Worst Day - James interrupts Inklings, cuts tree, my spending,

 

Cedar City, Utah
Temple #159.


Today was a Best Day, Worst Day.

Best Day:
Because my knee is feeling better. Inklings was great today. We got the oil changed in our car. It rained in Show Low. James did the dishes and put the clean sheets on the bed. I enjoyed watching "The Christmas Cup" with James. I enjoyed reading from the Book of Mormon and the Come Follow Me lesson. Kim cleaned the floors in the kitchen, dining area, hall, hall bath, laundry room, and entryway.

Worst Day:
James interrupted me during Inklings and got upset because I wasn't listening to him. I reminded him that I listen to Inklings every Thursday morning from 7:30 - 8:00. He cut down two trees and I thought he was using the pull cord chainsaw. Kim and I worried because that's how he got his brain bleed. Luckily, he was using the electric chainsaw. He was curt with me on the way to town and Kim said, "Do you even like Mom?" He is upset with me about spending money and I refuse to say night prayers with him. 

What can I do about these worst day experiences? Well, the next morning I ask James if we could talk. We did. We made a deal that before buying anything "big" we will talk to the other person. Oh, by the way, James spent $177.63 online for supplements, so I'm not the only one who spends money. I told him I didn't like his angry outbursts, even if he is just yelling at his computer. I especially do not want to argue in front of other people, including Kim. We must try to have the Spirit in our home and with us at all times. We both vowed to do better. It was a good conversation. Our best days are ahead of us!

Here are some other things that happened today:
James got another treatment from Pierce and brought one home to do for himself.
Kim and I watched episode three of "Paris Is Always a Good Idea."
On the way to Walmart to get the oil changed in the car James snapped at me about something and Kim said from the backseat:
"Do you even like Mom?"

While the oil was getting changed in the car, the three of us went shopping. Kim pushed me in the wheelchair while James pushed the shopping cart. The car was ready in less than 30 minutes and James was anxious to go so we cut our shopping short. 

As we drove home there was rain all around but none in Vernon. 
I did my two blog posts this afternoon and then this evening James and I watched our Christmas movie. Tonight's feature: "The Christmas Cup" starring Rhinnon Fish and Ben Rosenbaum. It was about a 6, but we still enjoyed our time together. While we were watching the movie James did the dishes and put the sheets on the bed. I told him how much I appreciated his efforts. 

I talked to Janna today and we are doing the "Great Mattress Exchange" on Monday at 2. She is giving us her mom's new mattress that they bought for her at Costco not too long ago.

I talked to Rita today and she sent me more photos from the reunion.
It's funny because I asked her if she recognized the guy sitting next to Loretta Smithson Willis at the luncheon and she said she didn't. She called me the next day and said she woke up really early and remembered his name: Jerry Dunaway. Yes, Rita! You are inspired. Mystery solved. Also, I forgot to mention Eric Frost as a reunion attendee.

"We all struggle. We need patience, service, and love from others."
- Elder Clark G. Gilbert

Esther:9:22
As the days wherein the Jews rested from their enemies, and the month which was turned unto them from sorrow to joy, and from mourning into a good day: that they should make them days of feasting and joy, and of sending portions one to another, and gifts to the poor. 

More Reunion Photos:
 
Richard Farabee, Ladon Warner, Sharon McCleve Beck,
Eric Frost

Sharon McCleve Beck, Ladon Warner

Sharon McCleve, Loretta Smithson Willis

Robert Freeze

Deon Whipple

Richard Farabee and Loretta
Smithson Willis on the Class of 1966
float in the Snowflake Pioneer Parade

Paul & Dianne Reynolds

Deanne & Marion Hatch, Rita

Rita with Pete & Chris Whipple

Deanne & Rita riding in the parade

Marion Hatch and Michael Chlarson

Blake Sherwood and Alan Frost
friends forever

Rita with her eyes closed,
maybe she is meditating

Blake Sherwood, Alan & Delci Frost

Deon Whipple and his wife











No comments: