Thursday, August 13, 2026

Wednesday, August 12th, 2026: Mediating family misunderstandings, Joe's brakes, Timeshare troubles, Trip to town, mail Joshua's bday card, Amazon return, paint & tape, Arizona Stone, Walmart, More Rain!! talk to Sheri, "Mystic Christmas"

 

Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Temple #165.


A little misunderstanding between James and Kim this morning but it worked itself out. Kim needs more paint and we are going into town to get some. She still has a wall to wash and taping to do so hopefully we will make it back before she runs out of paint. I am loving the color! I can't remember what James said it's called. Maybe later.

Well, it happened. The timeshare deal is requiring us to pay $3,900 upfront. I told James that was a red flag but I would let him decide if he was going to go through with it or not. 

We left for town before noon. Our first stop was the Show Low post office where we mailed Joshua's birthday card. James dropped me off at Walmart while he took back my Amazon return, a white belt that was nothing like I thought it would be. He then went to Home Depot to get paint and some more tape. James called me while I was shopping and asked if he had time to go to Arizona stone to look to see if they had what he could use to replace the cracked stones on the front steps. I asked him how important it was to him and he said very, so I told him to go, I still had a little more shopping to do. 

It rained on us all the way home and was raining at home when we got there. Oh happy day! 

Kim finished painting another wall and only has one more to go. She will finish tomorrow. 

Sheri called me this afternoon and we caught up. Oh my, the stories she told. 
*Ben & Cayli rented an electric car to take to Yellowstone and made it has far as Camp Verde, Arizona. Cayli's mom bought them airline tickets so they could meet Cayli's family on their vacation. 
*Ian told Max and Sheri sunscreen wasn't good for them and refused to wear it. He ended up getting sun poisoning on his feet and couldn't even put his shoes on.
*One of Max's friends, a girl from Russia, came to San Francisco to watch him race. She has two children. I guess she also has family in the area. After the race, Max went with this girl and then came back to Sheri & Ian's hotel with this story. His friend and several others went to a Russian bath. Max said he didn't feel like getting naked in front of a bunch of women he didn't know. Also, he couldn't understand them because they were speaking Russian. 
*Xander invited Sheri to go with him and Jazmin to the restaurant where Jared Ammon works, The Guadalupe. Jazmin came over and said: "Ian, you are coming too aren't you?" Sheri said she called Xander and asked him if it was okay if his dad came. Luckily, he said yes. Sheri says Jazmin is good friends with Max and Evan and they all get along so well. She loves her.
Sheri also said that Jared Ammon was so happy that they came in.

Xander, Jazmin, Jared Ammon, Sheri, and Ian

Before Sheri and I hung up, I was in cat prison. It's okay I love my kitty.

James came in from working on the upstairs balcony off his office looking like this:

What can I say? He works hard and gets very dirty.

After James cleaned up a bit, he went outside to walk. He was walking around the patio and tripped and fell on the grate. He was upset because someone had taken it out of the firepit. Kim says she remembers him doing it. He doesn't remember that. He cut his finger and it is bleeding profusely. He also hurt his broken leg. I hope it's not serious. 

Kim chose the movie this evening, "Mystic Christmas" starring Jesse Schram, Chandler Massey, and Patti Murin. Kim really liked it. I thought it was okay.

"Sometimes I need the perspective that time gives to see the refining and perfecting hand of our Savior, Jesus Christ, in my life."
- Brother Eduardo F. Ortega

Job 19:25
For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and the He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

1 Nephi 1:1
I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents . . . 

I love castles



Jesse Schram & Chandler Massey

Happy 94th Birthday President Oaks

becoming the Prophet.




No comments: