Friday, July 31, 2026

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2026: Polly Brookbank Cluff passes away, rain, some flooding around the state, RS handouts and Christmas movies w/ darkened skies, Kacey's pkg ready to mail, Pierce pulls J's wisdom tooth, Laura still has not received her bday card

 

Phoenix, Arizona
Temple #144


My best friend from high school, Polly Brookbank Cluff, passed away today. She had terminal cancer. Rita texted me to tell me.

My Prednisone is helping, but it certainly makes me hungry.

It rained off and on all day long. Some place in Arizona are experiencing flash floods. It is so cozy to have darkened skies and rain while we are watching our Christmas movies. 

After finishing my two blog posts, I worked on my Relief Society handouts most of the rest of the day. Kim was a huge help. She finished the envelopes and KitKat bars and cut out most of the laminated bookmarks. She also helped me get Kacey's care package ready to mail.

James slept a good part of the day. He was so fascinated with his rotten wisdom tooth that Pierce pulled, but after showing it to both Kim and I, he went into the bedroom and took a long nap because of a headache. I told him I would talk about his tooth on my blog but I would not show a picture of the actual tooth.

Laura still has not received her birthday card. Her birthday is on the 15th and I mailed her card on the 13th. Where is it? Did I forget to put a stamp on it? I did mail it at the Vernon post office which is the definition of "snail mail" but this is ridiculous, even for them. 

"Jesus Christ broke the bands of death imposed by the Fall. With His Resurrection, He secured salvation from physical death."
- Ronald A. Rasband

2 Chronicles 20:21
And when he (Jehoshaphat) had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Polly Brookbank Cluff
Always laughing

Uncle Delbert's oldest son, and James's cousin.
He turned Mohammed Ali down in an arm wrestle.










No comments: