Thursday, July 30, 2026

Sunday, July 19th, 2026: 4 Trams, 4 Tylenols before church, Tom is a sweet, purring, cuddler when he wants to be, Lily Flake serving a mission, stake YW counselor Sis. Gardener, Steve Allen, teacher training meeting, "A Dance in the Snow", Brian leaves after fixing chili

 

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Temple #141.


I took four Tramadol and 4 Tylenol before church. That's how much I hurt. Tom comforted me, cuddling and purring as I held him.

We all went to church and sat in the last row, again. Well, James and I were in the back row and James was on the end because of his walker. Kim likes to be on the end so Brian made another row, where Kim could be on the end. Neal & Kim Tarwater and Dave Montgomery came and sat with Kim and Brian. Tammy Montgomery is in Texas visiting grandchildren. Dave stayed here to work on the home they are building in Snowflake. 

Dave Kostusiak was presented to receive the Melchizedek priesthood today. I hope that means that he and Ellen are preparing to go to the temple. Cindy and Doug Brown are back from teaching in China. They gave the opening and closing prayers. 

Lily Flake is going on a service mission. She has autism and this is the first time I have ever heard her speak in church. She will be serving in the Flagstaff mission, of which we are a part. She said she was looking forward to serving in the temple with her grandmother.

Sister Gardener a counselor in the stake Young Women's presidency, talked about attending our ward conference in January where the youth sang, "Walk with Me." This was the first time they had heard the song and knew they wanted to use it in their upcoming stake youth conference. 

Steve Allen, a member of our ward and a friend, was the final speaker. 

Kim and Brian went home after sacrament meeting. James and I stayed and attended the teacher training class taught by Susan Goodman and Tamara Applegate. James found out he is still wanted as an elders quorum instructor and will be teaching the same week I teach in August. 

The meeting was about inviting the Spirit into the classroom and adjusting to the new 25 minute schedule. 

Brian left for home after making Kim a pot of chili for the week. 

Our Christmas movie this week was a good one, "A Dance in the Snow" about a girl who has autism and her mom and getting through high school.

Sheri texted and said Dawn went to church with Terry & Cathi today. Yay!

"This is mortality. A proving ground. A place designed for growth."
- President Emily Belle Freeman

2 Kings 23:3
And the king stood by a pillar, and make a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep His commandments and His testimonies and His statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.




Rebecca & Brent's family






No comments: