Curitiba, Brazil
Temple #126.
Happy 250th Birthday America
&
Happy 12th Birthday Lola!
I got up to a popcorn mess in the kitchen. When Michael got up he apologized and cleaned it up so we could start breakfast.
I am so grateful for Darrel & Lola. They fed the horses for me. Lola absolutely loves the horses and wanted to go for a ride, but it never happened. So sad.
Trina and Jazmin helped me fix breakfast. We had the same thing as yesterday only we substituted ham for bacon. Addy went on a run while everyone else was eating. Smart girl.
Something happened while I was taking a nap yesterday. Trina and the girls were looking for something to do, so they went to Michael who is sort of spearheading the project. Michael told them to go through the pantry and get rid of everything that had expired. James is against this, but he didn't know. He says a can is good, no matter the date, as long as it isn't bulging. Anyway, I was bothered by the waste because there were a lot of cans, so I got an idea during the night. I think I remember Paula Johnson, a friend who runs the community food bank, that they would take expired canned goods. I called Paula and sure enough she said they would love to have my expired food. I had Trina and the girls box up the cans and put them in the back of my car. After church tomorrow I am meeting Paula at the food pantry which is located in the same building as the library, just down from the church.
Lola had a birthday party this morning and opened the pile of gifts that her mom brought for her.
Sorry Darrel.
The girls washed windows today. Jazmin and Trina included. We even found a couple more little Jesus figures. Lola kept asking to watch "Iron Giant" and I wasn't sure why. I knew there was a Jesus behind the movie. Rowan even went outside and got the one out of the tree.
Darrel put new brakes on Addy's car for her today.
I fixed lunch. Hamburgers and hotdogs. We ran out of hamburgers and Lola wanted one. I felt bad but Trina found a can of tomato soup and asked if she could have it instead. Of course. Lola was totally happy because she loves anything with tomatoes. She ate so much tomato soup when she was here. After lunch I went into the bedroom to rest with Tom.
Michael and Xander finished up in the well house and loaded up James's truck with a huge pile of stuff to take to the dump. Too bad it isn't open today. I guess Kim and I will have to go on Monday.
Darrel installed the smoke detector downstairs so Kim will be happy. Aunt Faye and Dennis both checked in on James.
After work and before dinner Michael and Xander too Jazmin for a ride up to Green's Peak. They saw lots of wildlife and Jazmin thought the view from on top was beautiful. We saved dinner for them, pork chops, beans, and corn and they agreed to do the dishes.
Addy made a blueberry loaf cake and Lola made a strawberry cake for her birthday, so we had lots of sweets.
It was a great day and I think James was happy about the progress that was made.
room, we got to see a deer drinking from the
horses water. James missed it.
Trina was a little stressed.
The Lambson family 4th of July firecracker,
Lola!
President Oaks
No comments:
Post a Comment