Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Thursday, July 2nd, 2026: 3 sugar cookies today - I'm not proud, Kim & Brian go home, James's appt. w/ Dr. Ellsworth, Amazon returns, Wlmrt, Carl's Jr., Ruby's brownies, "House of David"

 

Helsinki, Finland
Temple #124

James is looking forward to his doctor's appointment in spite of complaining when I made it. Malt-O-Meal for James's breakfast. I had 3 sugar cookies today. I am not proud. I also had a sourdough Havarti
 cheese sandwich and then steak for dinner.

Kim & Brian left today because they thought our family members would be coming up today. Sheri, Ian, Ben, and Cayli are no longer coming. It's just Xander, Jazmin, and Michael, and all of Darrel's family. Xander, Jazmin, and Michael may come up tonight but Darrel's family won't be here until tomorrow. Kim will be back Sunday afternoon after everyone has gone home.

James and I left for town around noon. I took back the shop vacuum I ordered and ordered a better one. I also returned the last dress I ordered, which is way to big. Also mailed Palmer's birthday card. After leaving my returns at the UPS store we went to the Summit Healthcare Out Patient facility where Dr. Ellsworth's office is located on the second floor. My doctor, Dr. Brady, is on the 3rd floor. I dropped James off at the front door while I went to find a parking space. He was checking in upstairs when made my entrance. He was assigned to room Squirrel 6. I told him when I go see Dr. Brady I am always assigned Cloud 11. They give all of their hallway's names from nature. 

One of the girls that works for Dr. Ellsworth came in and took James for a leg x-ray. Dr. Ellsworth showed us the x-ray. James's leg is healing properly and all of the bones look straight. James was so relieved that he didn't do any damage to it when he fell that day at Circle K. Another girl came in and re-wrapped James's leg and put on a small leg brace he is supposed to wear at night. Dr. Ellsworth told him to hold off on weight-bearing for 2-4 more weeks. We have another appointment in four weeks, July 27th. I got permission to apply for a six-month handicap sign. 

Next stop, Walmart. I left James at Carl's Jr. where he ordered a green chili chicken sandwich. Walmart is insane today. We picked up James's Tramadol prescription and I did some shopping. We were both very exhausted when we got home. 

Kim made brownies for Ruby for her birthday and sugar cookies for Lola for her birthday. She put them in containers and labeled them, Happy Birthday Ruby, and Happy Birthday Lola so no one would eat them. She also made snickerdoodles for the "worker bees."
That's the reason people are coming up. To help us with things we need to do around here.

James opened Ruby's container and took a brownie. I told him that those were for Ruby's birthday. He said he didn't see the sign.

What's not to see?

James watches "House of David" before going to bed. I can't decide if I like it or not. Sometimes it's a little too violent for me.

Xander, Jaz, and Michael arrive after we are in bed. 



Kim & Brian 






Patrick's family 
minus Hunter



 

No comments: