Monday, July 20, 2026

Monday, June 29th, 2026: My high school best friend Polly has terminal cancer, James loves "House of David", Kim cleans upstairs, J @ well house, I feel lousy, Dr. Ellsworth appt on Thursday - James upset, Angel programming, Rita sends old photos.

 


Abba, Nigeria
Temple #121


Vickie called me today to tell me about my best friend from high school, whom I haven't seen in years, Polly Brookbank Cluff. Harold & Vickie are good friends with Jimmy Brookbank and they received the news from him. Polly has terminal colon cancer. I knew she had breast cancer years ago, but this is new. I guess Jimmy was in tears when he told Harold and Harold was so upset he asked Vickie to call me. 

I texted Rita to tell her, but she already knew. Her son Chris is married to Jimmy Brookbank's daughter. She said Polly can't come to our high school reunion but Rita is going to take pictures and then she and I are going to take them to show Polly.

James is really into the series "House of David" on Prime. He watches an episode or two every day. There are only two seasons right now so it will come to an end soon. 

Kim was busy today. She started out by feeding the horses and then she cleaned upstairs and helped James in the well house.

I felt really lousy today. I guess my injections aren't really working anymore. My hands, left knee, shoulders and feet hurt. The honeymoon is over.

I made an appointment for James with Dr. Ellsworth, an orthopedic surgeon that he's seen before. The appointment is on Thursday. James complained but I feel like this is the best thing since Dr. Smithson is not available. Janna said she would go with us and help with the wheelchair.

I bought a subscription to Angel programming so we could watch the movie, "Seeking Persephone." I can get it on my phone but not sure how to get it on the TV. May Brian can help when he comes.

Dr. Brady's office called. I am taking too much thyroid. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I should only take a half a pill.

Rita, Me, and Harold

Aunt Gene w/ Rita, My mom w/ me
not sure who the guy and baby in
the middle are.

I love them too!







 
 

No comments: