I got up after my Tramadol and Tylenol went to work.
It rained this afternoon and into the night. Kim was happy she didn't have to do any watering. She is so worried about the horses. She went out to feed them some oats and said they were shivering and the water was coming into their stables. James says when he's feeling better he will go out and dig trenches around the outside of the stable to divert the water. I distracted Kim from worrying about the horses by having her watch a Christmas movie with me. It's our favorite thing to do in July.
Kim has us drive over to Applegate's today to look for something he thinks he might have left there. It's a stick, like a yardstick only bigger, that he may have left there. At first we didn't see it, but then Kim go out of the car and went looking and found it, and we were on our way out when someone came out of the house. It was Shelly, the Applegate's daughter, and one of my former young women. She had come home from work for lunch and to check on the dog. We visited a few minutes and I introduced her to Kim. Shelly was my all-time favorite young woman, with Trenda Wilhelm being a close second.
We watched two Christmas movies, "If I Only Had Christmas" starring Candace Cameron-Bure, and Warren Christy. It was fun to look for all the Wizard of Oz references in this movie. The other movie, "The Snow Must Go On" wasn't quite as good but I wrote down a quote from the movie that both Kim and I really liked:
"Someday is the one day that will never come, until you make time for it."
No comments:
Post a Comment