Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Temple #143.
Happy 1st Birthday
Benson!
Max, Sheri, and Ian are leaving for California tomorrow. Max is running in the San Francisco Marathon later this week. Even though it is out of the way, their first stop will be in San Diego, per Max's directions.
I am miserable again this morning taking Prednisone, Tramadol, and Tylenol.
Kat & Larry came a little early because James told them they owed him some overtime.
Kim, James, and I left for town around 10:30. I am grateful to Kim for loading the car; a wheelchair and six large storage bin lids.
We stopped at the Vernon post office. The cane I ordered that has a seat on it came in. I probably won't even open it because James wants me to send it back. James also got the part he needed for his laser and the stuff I ordered for Kacey's care package was there also.
When we drove up the road to get on the 60 there was a sign that said, Wait for Pilot Car. We waited for about 10 minutes and when no pilot car came I turned around and went back to 3144 to go on the backroads.
Our first stop in town was at the bank to get cash for Kat & Larry. We found the sweet shop that Neal Tarwater told me about but none of us really wanted anything sweet. It's just nice to know where it is for future reference.
We stood in the customer service line at Home Depot only for the woman working behind the desk to tell us to return them and get the ones that are the right size. She said to just wave at her afterwards, which we did. We also went into the nursery part of the store and got some weed and feed for the yard. Kim pushed our basket and I pushed James in the wheelchair.
Kim and I went in Walmart while James stayed in the car, getting a great parking spot because of my handicap sign. I picked up my Prednisone that AARA called in and my monthly supply of Tramadol. There was no charge for either prescription.
Kim went one way and I went the other to conquer our lists. Kim is making three different types of cookies this week; 100 chocolate chip cookies for their wards elders quorum, 45 cookies for my Relief Society sisters, and 2 dozen no-bake cookies for James like his mom used to make him.
Kim finished my RS envelopes and is now working on the KitKat handouts. She is such a great help!
Did I mention how beautiful and green it is since the rain. I love green so much more than brown!
Kim fed watermelon rind to the horses. They absolutely love it. James says it was one of the best watermelons he has ever had.
We watched two older Christmas movies:
"Naughty and Nice" starring Hilarie Burton and "Snow Bride". I can't remember the name of the actress in Snow Bride but it's one of my favorites.
I am already feeling better because of the 10 mg. of Prednisone I took today.
No comments:
Post a Comment