Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Friday, July 3rd, 2026: big breakfast, Home Depot to get supplies, Walmart - J waits in car, lots of mail, Millie a hug & kiss, D's family arrives, nap while Trina cleans pantry, Darrel meets a Lambson, Corn Hoe, Dinner, Smores

 

Rexburg, Idaho
Temple #125.


Jazmin helped me fix breakfast this morning. We made biscuits, scrambled eggs and ham, and set out some fruit. After breakfast Michael and Xander were ready to work. James wants them to start in the well house. The garage has been set on the back burner. After assessing the situation a bit,  Xander asked if we could get some large bins to put things in. I told him I would make a trip to town.

James came with me to town. Our first stop was Home Depot where I got six bins and lids. We also got masks, gloves, paint, primer and some drywall mud. This is all for cleaning out the moldy well house.

James was tired so while I went in Walmart he stayed in the car. I only had a few things to get: a meat thermometer, labels, fruit, salad, burgers, and cheese. 

We had lots of mail waiting for us at the Vernon post office. I got to see my friend Millie Scott at the post office and give her a hug and kiss. She was so concerned about James and offered to help. She is so sweet!

Darrel, Trina, Ruby, and Lola arrived around 3pm, and Addy and Rowan a little later. Addy needs new brakes, and we forgot the smoke detector for downstairs, and we want plants for the backporch, and since there is a parade in town in the morning, Darrel, James, and Addy made a trip into town. 

Rowan and Lola played Trina and Ruby in a game of Corn Hole. I believe Trina and Ruby won.

So glad someone is using this game I bought!

For dinner we had roast beef, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans with bacon, and for dessert an apple cake made by Addy, or if you preferred, Smores by the fire.  I was exhausted and was so grateful when Darrel stepped in to do the dishes. He told me about meeting someone in a store and they got to talking. This guy has kids the same age as Ruby and Lola. When Darrel asked the guy his name, he said, "oh I'm a Lambson." Darrel doesn't remember his first name.
This is what happens when you move to a small town in New Mexico.


Smore making


More cornhole

Addy and Ruby planting flowers. That looks like Michael's water
bottle on the table and some of the tools he and Xander are using
in the well house. I didn't get any pictures of him and Xander working today, but they worked hard. There was more to do in
that tiny well house than meets the eye.




Ruby and Lola working on their miniature bakery and tea house
with some help from Trina. Looks like the guys left some tools
on this table too.

Two beautiful people, inside and out!





  

No comments: