Kyiv, Ukraine
Temple #134
All of us felt pretty miserable this morning but we went to sacrament meeting anyway because it was the right thing to do, and because we wanted to partake of the sacrament. Of course we sat in the very back row with Kim, the Reynolds', and the Tignors', the gun toters.
The Robles' family were the speakers in sacrament meeting today. Makenzi, the 11-year-old girls' talk was my favorite. I felt like she put a lot of effort into her talk and she quoted lots of scriptures. I texted Natalie, her mom and told her how much I enjoyed all of their talks but be sure and tell Makenzi hers was my favorite.
None of us felt like staying for the second hour, James was especially uncomfortable, so we left. Naughty us. I talked to Amy Reynolds who is teaching Relief Society today and told her I knew she would do a great job and that I wasn't avoiding her class. It's just that James was hurting and needed to get home and in bed. Amy is a wonderful person and a great teacher.
Kim made cream cheese frosting and frost two cakes, and it took her most of the afternoon. The cake board wouldn't fit in my cake carrier on either cake, so we used box tops. We sat one in the back of the car and James held the other one and off we went to surprise Barbara.
We arrived a little before five. Cope Reynolds was there with T-Bo. Amy had gone with Barbara to visit their new neighbors, the Hansen's. Other guests soon arrived and we all sang Happy Birthday to Barbara when she and Amy came in.
We sat around and ate cake and ice cream and then Barbara asked people to share what books they were reading. Susan Goodman said she was reading a book, I don't remember the title, about an 86 year old man and all of the wisdom he had learned throughout his lifetime.
Pierce was next. He was reading a book about the pros and cons of vaccinations. He also is reading about the Revolution and he and Susan saw the movie, "Young Washington."
Susan Maxwell who is leading the charge against the proposed wind turbines in Vernon, read a1400 page booklet about the company who makes and distributes the turbines. She wants to know her enemy. She says she gets up at 4 am to accomplish this daunting task.
Barbara is reading about what would happen if a country attacked us with an electro-magnetic pulse which would disrupt our entire electrical system and power grid.
I decided not to share that I am reading a proper romance novel from the Regency period called, "Seeking Persephone."
I sat by my friend Oksana and so enjoyed visiting with her about her geese and chickens and just life in general. Here is a list of all who attended the party: Ralph & Cheryl Sedig, Susan & Don Maxwell (the only non-members), T-Bo & Barbara, Cope & Amy, Lynn & Roger Wallace, Lynda Finnell and Oksana, and Pierce & Susan Goodman.
Barbara Tignor's 90th Birthday Party
After returning from the party Kim and I watched Hallmark's latest Christmas movie, "O Little Christmas Market."
No comments:
Post a Comment