Sunday, July 19, 2026

Saturday, June 27th, 2026: Busy day, trip to town with Kim & James, no charge @ the dump, stinky garbage, Home Depot, UPS store, LaCasita, rest time, Kim waters lawn & it's windy, last two episodes of "The Other Bennett Sister"

 

Manhattan, New York
Temple #119


Today was a rather busy day. James, Kim, and I loaded up the car, I should say Kim and I loaded up the car and headed for town. Before we left I received a Bunco girls group text from Lynda Finnell saying there was no charge at the dump today. Maybe that's because today is Vernon Cleanup Day. First, we loaded the wheelchair in the back of the car, first removing the leg rest. Honestly, Kim did most of the lifting. On top to the wheelchair went a couple of bags of garbage. I got the bag with grass clippings and pine needles from the back porch and set it on the back seat on the driver's side. I also put James's walker in the back seat along with the two packages I am returning to Amazon. Kim sat in the back seat and James and I in the front. Away we went, stinky garbage and all, with Kim holding her nose. 

I wanted to play some music but forgot my cord and I couldn't get the car to pair with my new phone. 

While waiting in line at the dump, I signed a petition to stop the Black Lava wind turbines from going in. When I pulled the garbage bag out of the back seat there was grass everywhere in the seat and the cracks and crevices in my recently detailed car. I am so sad. Onward to town, I will deal with this later. 

First stop, Home Depot. Kim pushed James in the wheelchair and I pushed the shopping cart. First stop, the plumbing section for parts to fix the pump to the lawn. We were here a long time, a least 30 minutes. When we were finished it was on to look at the ropes that go with the safety harness I bought. We found a bucket with a harness and rope for $100. I paid $50 for the harness and buying the rope separately is $85. Kim and I convinced James that buying the harness and rope in the bucket would save $35 if I returned the harness I bought, which I will. We bought the bucket. I also got a brush and cleaner to clean the outdoor grill, Kim got three candy bars because she is running low on chocolate.

Next the UPS Store to leave my Amazon returns, and then on to LaCasita for lunch. LaCasita was packed. Luckily the table by the door was empty and that's where we sat. James and I got what we normally get, chicken enchiladas, mine with red sauce and his with green. He also gets a side of refried beans. Kim got a chimichanga with sour cream and guacamole on the side. She doesn't like either sour cream or guacamole so she shared with me. 
 I was so proud of myself for being able to pay cash for our lunch, but I forgot the tip. I promised Candace, our waitress, I would bring her tip back on Tuesday. 

When we got home it was rest time and then Kim went out to water the back yard. It was so windy today! 

I texted Kacey to see how she and Tanner were doing. She said she was supposed to Facetime with Tanner today but he didn't want to because he feels hopeless. So sad.

This evening we watched the last two episodes of "The Other Bennett Sister." Mary, the other Bennett sister, gets two marriage proposals and accepts Tom's! Our favorite. Last episode until the three Christmas specials.



Kim is such a great help.

Can you find the kids in the tree? 

Fixing the water controls

Tom and Mary

The Price's are in Sheri's ward and our friends


 Lots of fires in Arizona






No comments: