Saturday, July 25, 2026

Friday, July 10th, 2026: Helpless hands in the morning, pretty miserable all day - cancel the temple, James's egg explosion in microwave, Kim a little upset, Care Pkg for Kacey, T-Bo's request for Barbara's birthday on Sunday, no rain, Christmas movies

 

Gila Valley, Arizona
Temple #132


My hands are pretty helpless and hopeless in the mornings until my Tramadol and Tylenol start working. I was pretty miserable all day and ended up cancelling my appointment at the temple. 

In an attempt to make an egg salad sandwich James had an egg explode in the microwave and make a big mess. I told him I would have happily cooked some eggs for him in my egg cooker if he would have asked. I ended up cleaning up the mess. I don't like it when the microwave is dirty and I have my standards.

Kim had a little bit of a meltdown this afternoon. She panics if James goes outside because she is afraid he is going to do something he shouldn't. I am a little more laid back and refuse to follow him around everywhere. She thought I should have gone after him because he shouldn't be outside alone. She went after him and helped him with whatever it was he was going to do. She later apologized for "losing it." It's okay, I understand. It can be stressful trying to keep an eye on a 78 year old man that thinks he can do anything.

Kim and I decided we want to send Kacey a care package. We go some ideas from a site that Kim follows on Instagram and we both put in an order to Amazon for some things this site suggests will give comfort to those who are suffering with grief. 

T-Bo Tignor called me today. His wife Barbara turns 90 on Sunday and he wants to throw her a surprise party. He needs help getting a cake, ice cream, and paper goods. I told him I would be happy to help him. When I asked him what kind of cake she would want, he said, "carrot cake with cream cheese frosting." At first I thought he just wanted me to buy a cake, but now I get the feeling he wants me to make it. I haven't been feeling like doing much of anything but when I told Kim she said she would be happy to do it for me. I am so grateful to her!

Today's Christmas movies: "Christmas Waltz", "A Blue Ridge Christmas", and the series, "Christmas at Sea."


Trina and Tristan in Farmington where
Tristan's in-laws live.

Kilee's wedding
Addy was the most beautiful bridesmaid

Bunny of the Sea

Real or AI

Lake Powell is this low too.







No comments: