Cebu City, Philippines
Temple #133
Another miserable, painful morning for me. It makes it hard to be in a good mood when you are constantly in pain. I agree with James on this one.
This afternoon Kim, James, and I all went to town. Kim is always the one who has to deal with the wheelchair.
Our first stop was at Walmart to get the ingredients for Barbara's carrot cake. Kim has decided we need to make two. She checked the pantry and the spice drawer before leaving home and found that we had several expired spices: cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. Last time it was cinnamon and cream of tartar. We got cloves and nutmeg but Walmart had no ginger so we are going to have to make a stop at Safeway.
We picked up a bag of horse feed at Tractor Supply and then we headed for Safeway to get some ginger and some Blue Bell half vanilla, half chocolate ice cream. I went in the store by myself parking in the best parking spot in the entire lot because of my handicap plaque.
I left James and Kim "discussing" whether it's safe to use expired spices. Kim says our have been expired since 2017. James looked it up on Google. He said that spices don't go bad but they may lose some of their flavor if they are expired. Kim responded by saying, "I want all the flavor I can get in my cakes!"
We were all tired when we got home and unloaded the car. Kim was the most tired of all and she is the one who stayed up and made two carrot cakes. I love my girl!
James cut up a watermelon on the counter over the silverware drawer. Later when I went to get a spoon, there was watermelon juice in the drawer. Patience, Karen.
Charlie at the temple in Bentonville
Happy Birthday
Palmer!
No comments:
Post a Comment