Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Wednesday, July 1st, 2026: Happy 23rd Birthday Max! Leave for the valley by myself for my infusion @11, Ang moved to Canada, Cafe Rio salad, Super Cleaners, Stacy's to pick up pkgs, Costco, back home @ 6, K&B here, flareup in right shoulder

 

Sacramento, California
Temple #123.


I left Vernon @ 7:15 this morning. I stopped in Show Low at White Mountain Car Wash to get my car washed. I decided to go the Payson way, making a stop at the Circle K in Star Valley. I got into a bit of road construction. I arrived at AARA at 10:51 for my 11:00 appointment. They no longer have a clock. Frances came to get me.

My blood pressure was 107/70. There were two new nurses in the infusion center. I asked Frances where Ang was because she is always here and she said that Ang moved to Canada. Well, that was a surprise. I think I heard her say that Amanda is in Ireland on vacation. 

After my infusion I left for Cafe Rio to get some lunch. This time I had a tortilla with my salad. I didn't eat all of it, the tortilla that is. One of the fun things about coming to Cafe Rio is watching them making the tortilla on their huge round, rotating pan. 

My next stop was at the Super Cleaners on Alma School just north of Queen Creek in the strip mall on the west side of Alma School Rd. James used to take pants here all of the time to be hemmed. I left two dresses to be hemmed and it cost me $48.00. What? I could almost have bought two more dresses on Amazon for that! Never again. Stacy knows a place that is much cheaper. She is going to pick my dresses up for me after July 9th. I went to her house to get the things I ordered from Amazon that were sent to her house. She helped me load my things in the car, one was a shop vacuum that Paul said was not very good. I am going to return this one and order another. It's for vacuuming out my car. I gave Stacy a hug and said goodbye. 

On to Costco where I got gas for $3.49. Gas is Show Low is over $4.00. I Costco I bought: a huge roast that will not fit in one crockpot. It's a good thing that I have two. I big package of thick pork chops, Kirkland hotdogs, cheese, sourdough bread, hotdog buns, mashed potatoes, Bush beans, canned green beans and canned corn, paper plates and plastic cups, and a brownie mix. What a load. I'm glad I had Brian get Pom juice, Fairlife shakes, laundry detergent, and toilet paper.

Away I go up the 101 out of Costco to the 202 and then the 87 on to Payson. In Payson I turned onto the 260 towards Show Low, stopping at Star Valley Circle K for a potty break and a Polar Pop. Today was 25 cent Polar Pop day instead of 85 cents.

In Show Low I noticed chairs, awning frames and yellow tape all along the 4th of July parade route. It is so funny to me how much stock people put in this small-town parade. 

On to Vernon and home, arriving at 6 and making a run for the bathroom. Kim and Brian helped me unload my car. James had already had dinner and was watching an episode of "House of David." My right should hurt so badly. I tried to relax in my recliner but was too miserable to stay too long. James & I said goodnight to Kim & Brian and went to bed around 8. I was so miserable in bed, I slept on the recliner in the bedroom.

Happy 23rd Birthday Max!!



Tom & James together again

The Case/Lambson family made their yearly
drive to Newport Beach for fun and games.















No comments: