Monday, November 30, 2020

Mon, Nov 23, 2020: Ciudad Juarez Mexico temple; #GiveThanks Sheri, Jared; Scarlett; Gospel quotes; Steps; Christmas tree, pine needles;

 

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
71st operating temple
Dedicated: 26 Feb 2000
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Jesus Christ, Messiah
Moses 4:2
But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me - Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
Book of Mormon
Ether 12:1-21
"Come Follow Me"
Ether 12-15 "By Faith All Things Are Fulfilled"
OctGenCon
'Let God Prevail'
President Russell M. Nelson
President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
I have studied the gathering, prayed about it, feasted upon every related scripture, and asked the Lord to increase my understanding. So imagine my delight when I was led recently to a new insight. With the help of two Hebrew scholars, I learned that one of the Hebraic meanings of the word Israel is "let God prevail." Thus the very name of Israel refers to a person who is willing to let God prevail in his or her life. That concept stirs my soul!


Restoration Proclamation
P1 S1
We solemnly proclaim that God loves His children in every nation of the world.

Ether 12 is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon!

I cleaned James's office today. It looks better than it has in a long time. The closet needs desperately to be cleaned out but I will save that for another day. I think it made him happy to have a clean office and he thinks he never has time to do it.

James did two things for me this morning so I was glad to be able to return the favor. He cleaned all of his stuff off the big freezer and began defrosting the small freezer he is taking down to Kim and Brian. They need a freezer and we are trading our small freezer for their refrigerator in their garage. He also cleaned the pine needles out of the gutters and swept the needles off the deck. 

This evening we weren't sure if we were having "Come Follow Me". We we found out it was going to be at the Peeler's it was late and we decided to stay home and work on our Christmas tree instead. I started putting the lights on like Kim does and I soon realized we were going to run out of lights very quickly so I stopped. I'm not sure what we are going to do. It sounds like Kim and Brian may not be coming up because Kim is having dizzy spells again. 

Tonight was the "Dancing with the Stars" finale. The finalist are: Kaitlyn Bristowe and Artem, Justina and Sasha, Nelly and Danielle, and Nev and Jenna. Kaityln and Artem won!


#GiveThanks

Kacey


Sheri

 
Jared




Scarlett

















No comments: