Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Mon, Feb 14th, 2022: Oakland California Temple, Happy V-Day!, J's brkfst, DMT, Tacos & a Frosty, Trina's hike, Charlie, Pres. Nelson's Valentines, Elder & Sis Cook

 

Oakland, California
13th operating temple
Dedicated: 17-19 Nov 1964
By: David O. McKay

Jesus Christ, Resurrection
D&C 133:55
And from Moses to Elijah, and from Elijah to John, who were with Christ in his resurrection, and the holy apostles, with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, shall be in the presence of the Lamb.
Book of Mormon
2 Nephi 6:8-7:11
"Come Follow Me"
Genesis 18; Is Anything too Hard for the Lord? Genesis 18-23

OctGenCon
"Simply Beautiful, Beautifully Simple"
Elder Gary E. Stevenson
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
As Brother Jens prays each morning for help to recognize promptings from the Holy Ghost, even something as unusual as to immediately change a light bulb, he also prays that he can be used as a tool to bless God's children. Jens lives the gospel by seeking divine direction each day, striving to be worthy, then doing his best to follow that direction when it comes.
Inklings
"The Greatest Possession"
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Mark 10
Mark 12:30-31

"If we love God enough to try to be fully faithful to Him, He will give us the ability, the capacity, the will, and the way to love our neighbor and ourselves."  - Elder Holland

Some days it's a struggle to get up out of bed. James fixed a nice breakfast, scrambled eggs with onion, potatoes, and green chilies, and toast. The onion was very strong and I had to light the candles in the kitchen.

James and I had scriptures and prayer this morning but Ginger never texted me today about our readings. I guess she either must be busy or not feeling well.

I told James I was hungry for tacos and he was on board to go into town and get some. We went to Taco Bell and got four tacos and then he took me to Wednesday's and I got a Frosty. 

James indexed today, he is so good! He also rescheduled concrete and took advantage of the good weather by doing some tractor work in the backyard. He also brought over some firewood from what I call the "ugly" woodpile. We are all out of the wood that Jarrod MacArthur brought us. We started a new audio book called "The Slow March of Light." This is some information about the story:
In the summer of 1961, a wall of barbed wire goes up quickly in the dead of night, officially dividing Berlin. Aware of the many whose families have been divided, Luisa joins a secret spy network, risking her life to help East Germans escape across the Berlin Wall and into the West. 
Bob Inama, a soldier in the US Army, is stationed in West Germany. He's glad to be fluent in German, especially after meeting Luisa Boigt at a church social. As they spend time together, they form a close connection. But when Bob receives classified orders to leave for undercover work immediately, he doesn't get the chance to say goodbye.
With a fake identity, Bob's special assignment is to be a spy embedded in East Germany, identifying possible targets for the US military. But Soviet and East German spies, the secret police, and Stasi informants are everywhere, and the danger of being caught and sent to a brutal East German prison lurks on every corner.

Based on a true story. The author, Heather B. Moore, interviews Bob Inama at his home in Idaho.

I am also listening to a book by Robert Millett called, "Whole In Christ." 

Happy birthday Benson. I wonder if he got my birthday card. Pam got her Valentine and loved it. I don't know if Ginger got hers.



President Nelson and his first wife
Danzel White
President Nelson and Wendy Watson Nelson

Elder Quentin L. Cook
and his wife Mary





















No comments: