Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Saturday, August 29, 2026: Longview, TX, up@4:41, talk w/ Jared: Bro. & Beverly Barrow-Charlie's white dress, he's conducting the baptism & a funeral, Liu family may be deported, neighbors stuffed animals & block party, Bop & Mason go to the church @8, Charlie writes in her journal, James's allergic reaction, Charlie's Baptism-Kacey & I speak, Autumn's cookies, people I spoke w/: Matt Cheney, Loren, Sis Barro's hurt foot, Gloria & Jason,lunch@ J&K-poly cystic ovarian syndrome or polycystic

 

Moses Lake, Washington
Temple #182.

I got up at 4:41. I had an early morning chat with Jared which I very much enjoyed. Here are the things we talked about: Brother & Beverly Barrow. Brother Barrow is in the bishopric with Jared. They are older and had a daughter but no granddaughters. They want Charlie to wear their daughter's dress she wore on the day she was baptized. Charlie was happy to do this, and I might add, the dress is beautiful!  Next we talked about Sisi Liu and her 3 boys and her husband. Sisi and the three boys are members and come to church every week. Her husband is not a member, he is a teacher and he just lost his job. They are in danger of being deported. I pray for them everyday. I know the Lord will watch over them and take care of them.  Next I asked Jared if he knew any of his neighbors. He talked about the neighbors across the street and the one next door who is a teacher at the high school. When there is a youth activity at Jared & Kacey's the youth go over and visit with this neighbor/teacher. He also told me about neighborhood block parties and the neighbor down the street whose home is filled with stuffed animals. These are real "dead" animals that were once alive.

Last night when he was at the church Jared helped a family in need. He had to go to an ATM to get cash, but he took the time to do this in spite of his busy schedule. Jared, or should I say Bop, and Mason went down to the church around 8 am. I'm not sure why but when Mason is up, he is Jared's shadow. I pray that Kate will allow Mason to spend more and more time with Jared, Kacey, and Charlie in the Spirit/Love filled home.

Charlie wrote in her journal for quite a while this morning. She has very neat printing and is a good writer. She says writing is one of her favorite things to do, along with reading. 

James had an allergic reaction to something this morning. His throat closed up and he was coughing for about an hour. Jared says the same thing happens to him from time to time.

Charlie's Baptismal Program




After the baptism was over we took pictures at the church then the family drove to Jared & Kacey's for lunch and to celebrate Charlie's birthday.

Here are some quick notes I took at Charlie's baptism. 
Loren, Kacey's sister, gave the opening prayer. It was sweet and touching. I loved cute Brother Barro who conducted. After Charlie and Scarlett sang "I Am A Child of God" and Jared accompanied them on the piano Brother Barro said: "Jared, I didn't know you could play the piano." In Kacey's talk on baptism she said that when she and Charlie came to the part in the Book of Mormon where Alma talks about your testimony growing as a seed Charlie said she saw it more as a spark which can grow brighter and brighter. Kacey also talked about baptismal covenants being like a string that tie us to the Savior. As we make more covenants when we go to the temple the string becomes more like a rope and it is more difficult to break. 
Jared's confirmation was wonderful. I wish I would have tried to remember and wrote some of it down afterwards. My talk went okay. I had a few people come up and say they enjoyed it. Autumn gave the closing prayer and then we all enjoyed the cookies she made. Charlie's dress that the Barro's gave her to wear was beautiful. Sister Barro's didn't come because she fell and hurt her foot. 

After the baptism and confirmation the family all went to Jared & Kacey's to have lunch and celebrate Charlie's birthday. Some of the gifts Charlie got: A lavender journal from Gloria, Kacey's friend Gloria. From the Clark's, Loren & Albert: lots and lots of candy, an Arkansas license plate for her bike that says: Jesus loves you. A set of Lantern Lane books from Summer & John. She also got "The Secret Garden." I think it was from Christina's family. Here are some photos I took:

The cookies Autumn made. I took one of each kind.

Macy, Charlie, Loren, & Albert

Not sure who gave this to Charlie but
she loved it.

Practicing the piano. I believe this
was Sunday evening.

Mason not wanting to go to sleep



Such a sweet little boy

I wish I would have taken pictures of Charlie opening her presents. I should have gotten pictures of Christina and her family, her husband Fred, Bella, and Isaac. Such a cute family. I didn't get pictures of Summer & John. They left a little early to go visit Tanner. I love that Tanner calls almost every night and asks to talk to Charlie and tells her a joke. 

Jared went back to the church later tonight to do some cleanup and left his phone and keys in the church and got locked out. He had to walk home, about 4-5 miles, so Kacey could take him back with her keys.

Autumn & Benson

Charlie eating the rib sandwich her dad made her.
She wanted ribs for her luncheon but she didn't want to
get her fingers covered in sauce.

Some of Kacey's Home Decor:


I am so impressed with Kacey's home decor. Everything either focuses on the gospel, the Savior, or the family. Everything is done to perfection. So homey and welcoming. You can totally feel the Spirit in her home.























No comments: