Brasilia, Brazil
Temple #180
We left Vernon at 6:37 am Arizona time which translates to 8:37 Longview, Texas time. They are on Central time and we are an hour behind Mountain time. Jared checked on us about 15 minutes after we left. Charlie has probably had her birthday breakfast by now.
Charlie is every color of the rainbow and more!
I read Whitney Tilson's daily email to James. Financially, this is great stuff. I am going to learn how to invest in the stock market using one of his programs.
I read Whitney Tilson's daily email to James. Financially, this is great stuff. I am going to learn how to invest in the stock market using one of his programs.
We also read Alma 57:1-16, a section of the "Come Follow Me" lesson, and three chapters of Psalms. We also listened to a segment of "Rise Zion" with Seth.
Everything is so beautiful and green and there are little yellow daisies all over Vernon.
I took travel notes but I'm not sure how many I am going to share on here.
Our first stop was the Circle K in Socorro, New Mexico for gas. Next door to the Circle K is the Arby's. Ordinarily I don't like Arby's anymore since they stopped selling the steak nuggets. I happened to see a sign that steak nuggets are back, so away we went to Arby's.
I told James this was my favorite Arby's as we enjoyed our delectable little nuggets. We asked where the post office was because we needed to mail Dave Elkin's information that we had notarized to him. It was just a little was back into town and didn't take us long at all to find it.
Oh, something I forgot to mention about Whitney Tilson, the financial guru. He mentioned a live webinar this evening that will start at 7pm Mountain time. The featured speaker will be Joel Litman and he will talk about his program Launch Signal on a website called Altimetery. I signed up and spoke to someone named Jeanne. I told her I was a novice investor and asked if she thought I could use this program. She said she thought this program would be perfect for a novice because it takes a step by step approach. I asked her what I should do if I have questions. She was so nice and said that I could call her anytime. I am taking a plunge into waters where I have never gone before!
A lot of talk about Elon Musk and his next big adventure in the world of AI. I have been focused on the program I was watching and James said, we have a low tire. We stopped once and put air in it but gradually it is going down. All of a sudden it went off the charts, meaning it's flat. James immediately pulled off the freeway, but you are so close to traffic and it's so dark, you don't really feel safe. He changed the tire and put on the donut while I held my phone flashlight so he could see. When we go back into the car and drove down the road less than a mile, we saw the turn off to Buccee's. We were less than a mile away from our oasis. I wonder what lesson we were supposed to learn.
Buccee's is so amazing and beautiful, it always makes me happy. The bathroom experience is the best, and there are so many good snacks to choose from. I got a container of chicken salad for James and I to share in the car. It was delicious, we both agreed. We were, after all, very hungry.
It was 12:30 when we arrived at Jared & Kacey's in Longview. Kacey and Charlie had waited until midnight. We got there at 12:30 and Jared was waiting for us. Kacey's house is so warm and welcoming. Our room has a new quilt she got at Cracker Barrel that says: "Be still and know that I am God."
few days.
"We believe in eternal marriage, we teach of eternal marriage, and we seek an eternal marriage."
- Elder Neil L. Andersen
"Eternal Marriage is an Eternal Journey"
Psalm 71:16
I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
for a fun weekend in Heber thanks to Bryce & Lexi.
No comments:
Post a Comment