Helena, Montana
Temple #178.
Since the temple is closing at the end of this week and we are leaving for Texas in a couple of days, we decided we wanted to go to the Snowflake temple one more time. It's closing on August 29th and won't open again until November 9th.
We had our prayers and read from the Book of Mormon at home. We did Come Follow Me and listened to John White, a bible scholar who joined the Church last October on Follow Him. He was amazing and he hasn't even been to the temple yet.
Virgil Cooper was going to go with us. We usually do the 10 o'clock session and then go to lunch at Eva's afterwards. The 10 o'clock session was full so I had to get seats in the 9 o'clock session. When James called Virgil to tell him, we would be going an hour earlier, this is what Virgil said: "I have all my temple clothes cleaned and ready to go, but that's just too early for me." I was a little sad. I wonder if he knows the temple will be closed until November 9th.
It was another one of those wonderful days in the temple, our last in this temple until November. Annell Smith Bryant was in our session and we had a good visit. I told her I had met her sister LaVon here a few weeks ago. Annell is another one of Ted Smith's daughters. Her husband, Jimmy Dean Bryant, who now goes by Dean officiated in the session and gave a wonderful prayer. James and I were in the prayer circle. I sat by a sweet young sister named Abigail Reidhead. I didn't even think to ask her if she was related to Tricia & Stephen Reidhead until I saw them after our session. Tricia is as beautiful as she was in high school with her long curly black hair.
The temple matron, Sister Miller, gave the new names. She and her husband's term will end this week. We will have a new temple presidency in September.
As I was in the dressing room getting ready to leave the temple I saw two sisters from our ward who come every Tuesday, Maxine Thompson and Barbara Klug. They both have lots of family names to do.
When we returned from the temple, JA, Kaitlyn and Hailey were all sitting in the family room just visiting. I went in and changed my clothes and joined them. James ate a hazelnut Uncrustable, treated his hands in the wax machine and went in to take a nap. He did get up and say goodbye when they left.
Kaitlyn lived in Chicago until she was 3 when her family moved here. She moved back to Chicago at 14 and then her family moved back here. She does prefer cold weather to the heat. She loves the town of Strawberry, Arizona and loves to go thrifting there. She has one older brother. She works in downtown Phoenix near where the D-Backs play at a restaurant called Pa La which serves Middle Eastern and Japanese cuisine.
Hailey is a native of Arizona as is her dad. Her parents are divorced and her mom has remarried and lives in Florida where Hailey loves to go for a visit. She has two older brothers. She works with JA at The Guadalupe on Main. She has a very particular way of cooking zucchini and I'm going to try it!
As they were getting ready to leave Kaitlyn gave me her leftover chili from Molly Butler's. It was big chunks of tender beef, but the spices were just too hot for me even after adding cheese and sour cream. Here is our goodbye photo:
Now it's rest time and time for Tom to come in. He and Scooter both came running across the yard when I called Tom in. He napped with James and then later he came in and laid in my lap for over an hour.
I finished volume 8, the last finished volume, of Emma M. Lion. I'm going to miss reading it. I also finished "Loving Lieutenant Lancaster," and started "Charming Artemis." I did 50 setup stretches, finished washing our guests sheets and took them back upstairs. I will put them on later when Kim gets back. I walked over 6,000 steps with my bad knee. I read emails from Stansberry Research. I worked on my blog and went to bed at 9. James jumped out of bed saying he forgot to wash out his paintbrush.
Dave Elkins will be wiring us a check tomorrow in the amount of $214,000.
We are paying the Crane's $20 a month to dump our garbage in the dumpster they ordered. So much better than going to the dump!
Dolly Parton died today. She left around $500 million behind. I saw someone interview her and ask her how she felt about the mistakes she has made in her life. Her reply was: "I haven't made any mistakes. I've had experiences, both good and bad, and I've learned something from all of them." I love this!
The End!
No comments:
Post a Comment