Friday, October 2, 2026

Sunday, August 30th, 2026: Up @ 4:19, "We are preparing Warriors for the last days", the Pinetree ward, Longview, Tx stake, Charlie accepted as the newest member of the Pinetree ward, She stood with her eyes looking down, she did not know the bishop was going to call her to stand by him, Charlie the 1st speaker, Kacey, Jared, Primary: "The Little Light of Mine", Gloria's x's triplets in the front row singing, lunch, listen to Malvern, Arkansas branch sacrament meeting where April & Elder Shebaily are the speakers, JKCh go to a baptism, Mason arrives, James goes on a walk, Cambodia temple dedicated,

 

McAllen, Texas
Temple #183.

I got up at 4:19 this morning. I wrote in my notebook: "We are preparing Warriors." I wonder why I put that in my notebook.

This morning we attended church with Jared, Kacey, and Charlie. They belong to the Pinetree ward in the Longview, Texas stake. 
Jared conducted the meeting and Kacey and Charlie were both on the stand as they are speaking today. Jared invited the bishop us to take care of some ward business. The bishop invited Charlie to come up to the podium and stand by him. No one had prepared Charlie for this. Charlie was accepted as the newest member of the Pinetree ward. Charlie stood with her eyes looking down. This is an indication of her shyness. She did great on her talk and we are so proud of her.

Kacey spoke after Charlie. Kacey spoke on feeling like we belong. Jared's talk was on seeking and following the Savior. How do we follow the Savior? Through our daily devotions, trusting Him, unburdening our souls to Him. Both of these talks were really great talks. In Jared's talk he indicated that he had always been a happy person until just recently. Life is taking its' toll with what has happened to his older children and now Tanner. 

When Jared asked Kacey if she would speak the day after Charlie's baptism this is what she said: "I will speak if the Primary can sing, "This Little Light of Mine." What a treat. James kept saying: "This is the best sacrament meeting I have been to in a long time."

Kacey told me that her friend Gloria's X is in this ward and he has triplets. They were right in the front row of the singing kids.

During the second hour Kacey and Charlie went to Primary. James, Jared and I went to Sunday School. Jared left before it was over but James and I stayed. The focus was on the new curriculum which begins next week. We watched a video that was really good. 

Back at home we all had lunch of leftovers: Kacey, Charlie, Autumn, Palmer, Scarlett, Benson were already at home when James and I arrived. Jared made it home a little later. 

James went in to take a nap and the rest of the adults watched the Malvern branch's sacrament meeting. This is the branch in Arkansas where Kacey's three sisters and brothers-in-law attend. Albert is the branch president and the rest of the family hold leadership positions.

Kacey's nephew, Larry Shebaily, is leaving on his mission so he spoke. His mom, April, Kacey's sister spoke after Elder Shebaily. I think Larry's dad, Moe, is in the branch presidency because he was on the stand.

They both did a wonderful job. One thing April said stuck with me. She mentioned that she had been sick and Larry was her caretaker. She said she worried about sending out him to the world until she had this thought: "I'm not sending him out in the world unprepared. He is a covenant son of God and I am sending him to covenant keepers."

Kacey, Jared, and Charlie went to a baptism this afternoon. One of Charlie's friend. Mason arrived when they returned, or just before.
James went out for a walk.

"As we walk by faith with the Lord, abiding in Him, and He in us, we come to know He lives."
- Gerrit W. Gong

Psalm 86:12
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy name for evermore.

"My Jesus"

Eating spaghetti with Bop

"I'm done, Bop"

Benson wanted to try the spaghetti too.


Sunday afternoon relax time




Jared's workplace

Such a handsome couple

Charlie's favorite thing to do....read




Keep away from Lovie





Jared & Benson

I Love this picture of Palmer & Benson

Elder Kearon dedicated the
Phnom Penh, Cambodia temple today





















No comments: