Saturday, October 10, 2026

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2026: 2:43, prayer & gospel study, leave for valley @ 6:36, Kim finds 2 more Jesus's, Costco - Ramone, Paul's cousin, William, AARA, Yen, Ritauxin, Tylenol, Benadryl, Dianne, Edith

 

Okinaw, Japan
Temple #186.

Up at 2:43. Prayer, Book of Mormon, Psalms, Conference talk, and ready to go to the valley. We leave at 6:36. Kim finds two more Jesus's. Only four more to go.

Our first stop was at Costco. We bought two cases of Fairlife shakes, ribbon, walnuts, birthday cards, a nut snack pack with packages of three types of nuts: pistachios, cashews and the best mixed nuts I have ever eaten. Toilet paper, gallon freezer bags and Pom juice.
I found some beautiful area rugs. I thought since we are Thcoming back in two weeks, if we decide to buy any we could bring the truck.

While we were eating at the food court we met William, a black man in a purple shirt who lives in Chandler. Yes, I spoke to him. He was sitting by me. Ramon Rubacaba came and said hello to James. He is Paul's cousin and used to work for James. 

After checking in at AARA, the cutest little black girl with green wired rimmed glasses came to take me back for my infusion. My blood pressure was a little high, 138/77. I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine, Volsartan and Amlodipine, this morning. 

Tyneall hooked me up to the Ritauxin infusion, and gave me some Tylenol and Benadryl. The Benadryl knocks me out for awhile. When I wake up Dianne is here to take me to an examine room to see Edith. My oxygen level is at 93. Edith asks how I am doing. I told her I am doing much better and she says she is happy about that. I really like Edith better than Dr. Kumar, although I do like her too. She wants me to get bloodwork done and chest x-rays when I come back in two weeks. I will see her again in six months.

Back to my five hour infusion when only lasts around four hours. I got such a nice nap and then I read some stock email, and worked on my journal. The Game network is playing on the TV. These are my nurses: Yen, who looks like she is 15. She is from Ethiopia. She was adopted when she was 3 and grew up in Albuquerque. I love her! I can see how we could be good friends. Then there is Frances whom I have known since coming to AARA about 30 years or so ago. I told her if she left I was leaving too. I asked about Ang who moved to Canada. She said there is lots of smoke from the wild fires and it is bother her husband. 

I was done at 4pm instead of 5. When I called James he said he was three minutes away. He delivered BatDuck to Addy at Chandler Eyecare. Nancy adjusted his glasses. He texted Cathi to see if he could visit Dawn but Dawn was gone, staying with a college friend for a few days. He wanted to take her and Aunt Faye to lunch. He picked up Aunt Faye and they went to Arby's where Aunt Faye fell in love with the Steak Nuggets. They had a great time. He also took our donation to Deseret Industries. 

We stopped at Sam's Club. I forgot to mention that Costco didn't have Pom juice, even though it was on our list. Sam's Club has it. Sam's Club, in some ways, is better than Costco. It tells you on their app the letter and the aisle of where an item is located. I went straight back to G-8 to find the Pom juice. I bought six large bottles. Did I say I went straight back, I was wrong. I stopped at a display of ASU blankets and bought 9 ASU blankets and 1 Cardinals. I always buy Max a Cardinals blanket. I am so excited for these ASU blankets, they are awesome! I also bought Smores Built bars, 9 big ribeye steaks and 5 small filets. One our way home we went through Salt River canyon. James drove through Globe. He was so tired so I drove the rest of the way home. We arrived at 8:36, 14 hours after leaving. Kim and James unloaded the car and helped me put things away. We were in bed by 10.

On the way down to the valley we listened to a BYU Devotional by Jeff Bednar, the son of Elder Bednar and his wife Susan. The name of the talk: "To Those Enduring Trials with No End." An amazing talk!

"Ministering is truly loving and caring for others as the Savior would. It is a way of being and it is the way of our Savior, Jesus Christ." - Kristin Yee 

Psalm 119:7
I will praise Thee with a rightness of heart....

Psalm 127
Children are an heritage of the Lord ....

Relief Society lesson:
"All Who Have Endured Valiantly"
Elder David A. Bednar

Back at Kacey's house


Charlie's starmaker robot

Charlie & Mason looking at the stars

Love this!

Our friends Greg & Florence Hatch
are bicycling through Europe after
Greg had cancer treatment and was
given a clean bill of health.

I love that Addy & Max are doing something
together that they both love.
Sheri and Kayla too.

The rose bush that James bought me.

My sweet sleeping Tom










No comments: