Sunday, October 20, 2024

Saturday, October 12, 2024: My face is swollen, brkfst by MIchael, MIchael & Numira go to Greer, T-Bo's haircut, MIchael's shrimp linguini, blueberry peach cobbler, plant & candle, HIpps grandkids ride horses

 

Tuxtla, Gutierrez
75th operating temple
Dedicated: 12 Mar 2000
By: James E. Faust

Book of Mormon
3 Nephi 19:19-36
Come Follow Me
3 Nephi 18:22-25
I can "holdup" the light of Jesus Christ.
"That They May See" Sister Bonnie H. Cordon, AGC 2020
October General Conference
'Ye Are My Friends' Elder David L. Buckner
"The Savior's declaration 'ye are my friends' is a clarion call to build higher and holier relationships among all of God's children."

I could feel the swelling coming on this morning above my upper lip.  Pretty soon it looked like I had Botox gone bad. Before it got too bad Michael invited me in for scrambled eggs and bacon. I joined him and James in the kitchen. I actually had a small can of biscuits which I made to go with our eggs and bacon. 

Michael has an interesting way of making scrambled eggs. He says it's the Gordon Ramsey way. He uses a small sauce pan and continually stirs with a spoon and then he rests for a minute or two. 
His eggs were good but I hated cleaning all of that stuck on eggs on the pan. I soaked it about three times.

While I was doing the dishes my leg was hurting so badly. I was glad when I was finished and able to go back to the bedroom.

I had planned on going to Greer with Michael when he too Numira but in my condition it just wasn't something I wanted to do. 

Before Michael left I asked him if he could fix his shrimp linguini for dinner if I paid for the ingredients. He said he would be happy to. 

James worked outside today preparing for our little patch of turf he is going to put in at the front of the house. He also went to the Tignor's to give T-Bo a haircut. I guess he and Barbara and going to visit Barbara's sister in either Wyoming or Wisconsin. I never can remember which!

One other thing. Three of the Hipps's grandkids came over to day to ride the horses. The oldest is 10 and so they came with their parents.
I'm a little miffed he didn't take pictures but I guess the kids had a great time on the horses. Of course James led them around rather than allowing them to use the reins.

Michael's shrimp linguini was delicious. It was a little hot because he put a tad too many red pepper flakes but the flavors are so good that I ate an entire bowl. I asked Michael for the recipe and he said he got it from his mom who got it from Ina Garten. Ina's recipe is called, "Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp." Michael sent me the recipe.

 Not only did Michael shop for dinner and fix dinner, he brought me a cute violet plant because he knows I like purple, and a candle. He is so sweet and thoughtful.

I asked James to go in and help Michael with dinner which he willingly did. I guess Michael got ingredients for a blueberry and peach cobbler and James's assignment was to make the cobbler. It was delicious, especially eaten nice and warm.


Tanner and his family have moved to Waco.
Jared & Kacey went for a visit.

Slides from the Doctrine of the Body Devotional



















 Scarlett's Birthday Party was Today
She turned 7 on October 6th









Dennis with baby Evie 7 years ago. I love the look
on Dennis's face.





 




No comments: