Friday, August 1, 2025

Thursday, July 24th, 2025: Up @ 4:25, feet, hands & neck hurt, pray first, then Trm & Ty, Max & Adam answer questions, visit to see Pat & Janna, Pat's name TPR , oxygen @88,

 

Meridian, Idaho
158th operating temple
Dedicated: 19 Nov 2017
By: Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Book of Mormon
Alma 38:1-15
*Why is it necessary for us to continually learn of Christ?
D&C
82:11-18
Come Follow Me
D&C 82:8-10 Commandments are evidence of God's love for us.
D. Todd Christofferson, "Our Relationship with God", AGC 2022
April General Conference
'Reverence for Sacred Things'
Elder Ulisses Soares
Lesson
'Your Repentance Doesn't Burden Jesus Christ: It Brightens His Joy'
Sister Tamara W. Runia
Liahona
Other
'Grace Where You Are'
Inklings
'Eternity's Great Gifts: Jesus Christ's Atonement, Resurrection and Restoration' - Elder Gerrit W. Gong
John 20
Weep
Phrase: "When we cry out in grief or joy, Jesus Christ understands perfectly. He can be present in the moments when we most need eternity's great gifts."
Affirmation: "I am a child of a God who weeps - a God who cares about my personal life and who longs to support me. I recognize His eternal gifts as I strive to return home to Him.

Up at 4:25. My feet, hands, and neck are hurting yet again. I pray first then get a shake and take my Tramadol and Tylenol. 

I got not response from R.E.J. yesterday regarding the scripture question. On a brighter note both Max and Adam did answer.  I told R.E.J. when I sent the scripture reading and question this morning how much their answers mean to me. Hopefully I will get a response today.

I had my day all planned. My morning chore was to make the banana pudding I am taking to Owen & Charlotte's dinner tomorrow evening. I have to make it at least 8 hours before serving it because that's how long it sits in the refrigerator before serving.

I texted Janna to see when I could come and see her mom. Janna has been staying with her mom. She said, "Now is a good time", so I got ready and left. On the way I stopped and put Pat's name on the temple prayer roll along with Jared Ammon's, Michael's, Joe's, and Rowans.

Pat is on oxygen. Her level is up to 88 which is the bare minimum, which is a bit of a concern. 

Pat loved her slippers, they fit her perfectly, and she loved the little heart-shaped jewelry box too. I stayed and visited for awhile.

Pat's son Jeff stopped by. James new him years ago when he use to pour concrete path for Wadsworth Golf Course and Jeff worked for Wadsworth. 

I started the banana pudding when I got home. All of the cold stuff is in the frig in the  garage which is a little inconvenient, but I'm not complaining, I'm just glad we have the refrigerator. It really saved us.

My whipping cream is curdling.  It is probably because it got too warm. I panic and try to call James who is at Hipps's. I want him to stop on the way home and get me some more. He never answers the phone so I text him, still no answer. I give up on making banana pudding today. This evening we are having a BBQ with the MacArthur's and the missionaries. 

I take a little R&R, which to me means read and relax. I read from my book, "Look Unto Christ in Every Thought." I relax but really can't go to sleep. 

James comes home and while I am fixing his lunch I tell him how frustrated I am because he never answered my phone calls. I needed him to stop at the store and get me some more whipping cream. 

He goes in to take a shower while I begin setting up outside for our BBQ. Everything looks great. I put a table by the grill to put all of the food on. On the patio there are three tables setup for eating. The cornhole game is set up and I have a basket with a soccer ball, squirt guns, wiffle ball, and croquet. 

James decides he's going to go to the store right now to get the whipping cream. I call Dollar General and Stanford and neither one of them have any whipping cream. James takes off for town and I hope he makes it back by six but I highly doubt it, especially with the stops for road work. 

At six o'clock the door bell rings and it's the MacArthur's. Everything is ready, I have beans in one crockpot and mac & cheese in the other. I didn't get the strawberry spinach salad made because both the strawberries and the spinach were frozen. Jarred is asking his kids to take their shoes off when I tell them they don't need to because we are going right out into the back yard. A few minutes later Elder Clark shows up with a new companion. I think his name was Elder Espinoza from Columbia. They are on splits. Both the elders and Chelsea help me carry food into the back yard. James is still not back so I ask Jarred if he likes to BBQ. He says he loves to. 
I was grateful. He asked for some olive oil to put on the grill. Good idea. I give him the hamburgers and hot dogs. 

While Jarred is grilling the kids are playing in the yard and the elders are playing cornhole. I asked who was winning. Elder Espinoza said no one and Elder Clark said, "I am, 21-3."

James came just as we were ready to eat and gave the blessing on the food. It was a beautiful evening and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. 

Before the elders left they gave a message, which I was grateful for and then they offered a prayer. Before leaving they had a fun time playing with the squirt guns with the kids.

James did the dishes. He got a call from Armando who was almost in tears. He has his kids but his girls aren't happy and they want to go home. He asked James if he could borrow $900 to take them home. James and I were both more than willing to help him. Who knows if we will ever see that money again.

"Ordinations to the Aaronic Priesthood launch ... young men into lifetimes of service."
- President Steven J. Lund, AGC 2025

D&C 82:3
For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.

BBQ with MacArthur's and the
missionaries. 

Peyton, Boone, and Scotlyn

Chelsea watching the squirt gun fight between Elder Clark and Boone



Smores

We love the MacArthur's!













No comments: