Friday, April 7, 2023

Tuesday, March 4, 2023: Left arm & chest in pain, Kim's cake for brkfst, Conference quotes, Stefani visits, Peeler's Starlink, Donna not well, Trip to town, Stacy's text

Fresno, California
78th operating temple
Dedicated: 9 Apr 2000
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Jesus Christ, Testimony of 
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Book of Mormon
Mosiah 1:15-2:8
Come Follow Me
Matt 21-28 Jesus Christ delivers me from sin and death, strengthens me in my weaknesses and comforts me in my trials. 
Jesus' Name
Redeemer
Word
Cup
Phrase
...a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.


AprGenCon
Ministering
Elder Gerrit W. Gong
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
"Let us reach out and care as our Savior would, especially to those whom we are privileged by love and assignment to minister."

 I went to bed last night with my upper left arm throbbing with pain. James rubbed on some Deep Blue and later he found the heating pad, plugged it in and set it for me. I am wondering if this pain is related to my infusion being given in this arm and the fact that I was poked three times. I guess I will never know. I also felt a squeezing in my left chest for most of the morning until I took some aspirin. It finally went away.

I had Kim's lemon ricotta cake with blueberry compote and blueberry frosting for breakfast. It was delicious!

I worked on my blog putting conference quotes on for Saturday and Sunday. At 2:00 one of my ministering sisters, Stefani Hunsaker, came for a visit. Her partner, Donna Peeler, had made the appointment but Donna was not feeling well, so she didn't come. Donna did send a cute bunny bag with chocolate bunnies and chocolate caramel eggs inside, and a magnetic notepad.

I ate the candy

Stefani and I had a nice visit. We talked about her kids and how they are doing. Camrie and her husband are buying houses and setting up airbnb's. Stefani gave me some tips on what to do to prepare to plant grass in our back yard. Go to the "Pot" (Marajuana) farm in Snowflake and get some potting soil. spread it out and then cover it with chicken wire which keeps out the gophers. Next you buy sod because seed blows away and roll it out. Walla, a lawn! I hope I can convince James to buy sod.

James called me from the Peeler's. He needs my help setting up Starlink for them. Stefani said she needed to go anyway. They are going to spend Easter in Texas and so she is trying to get things done before she leaves. 

James and Owen had put up the satellite and now needed help downloading the Starlink app on Donna's phone. Donna was asleep. 
I tried to download the app several times but it would not download.  I finally decided it might be there internet connection so I asked Owen if I could take the phone to our house to try and download the app. He said yes, and I did. It worked!

When I returned to the Peeler's Donna was up. She was not feeling well. Owen and James had given her a blessing. Owen wanted to take her to the ER but she refused to go. I showed Owen where the app was and how to open it. He does not have a smart phone and does not know anything about them. I think he is going to need more help to get this satellite system up and running. 

James and I leave the truck at the Peeler's and take my car to town. He wanted to pick up some plans at Allegra before 5. It was 4:30 when we left. We got there about 7 minutes before closing time. Our next stop was Walmart where I picked up a few groceries. James likes to eat before six so we stopped at Jack-in-the Box for dinner. We are the old folks, fast food junkies.

Stacy texted me and said she wrote down her prayer today and it really did help her to stay focused!







Indexing with Grampa

Kim & Brian Memories


Michael & friends at the condo









 

No comments: