Sunday, January 26, 2025

Tuesday, January 14th, 2025: Up @ 4:30, Leave a little after 6, appt @ 9:30, Circle K Tuna sandwich, Drop J off @ 9:27, Don't have to meet Armando, Costco in Gilbert, & Deseret Bk, Texas Roadhouse doesn't open until 3 so Jersey Mike's, I'm not feeling well so we go home the Payson way, No Aunt Faye or Mom, Home by 4, my infected finger, Tom likes "Wicked", Apollo in yard - How?

 

Winnipeg, Manitoba
169th operating temple
Dedicated: 31 Oct 2021
By: Gerrit W. Gong

Book of Mormon
1 Nephi 11:31-12:10
Come Follow Me
JS-H 1:5-26
Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration
October General Conference
'Holiness to the Lord in Everyday Life'
Elder Gerrit W. Gong
"What researchers call 'religious structural stability' offers clarity, purpose, and inspiration amidst life's twists and turns. The household of faith and community of Saints combat isolation and the lonely crowd. Holiness to the Lord says no to the profane, no to snarky cleverness at others' expense, no to algorithms that monetize anger and polarization. Holiness to the Lord says yes to the sacred and reverent, yes to our becoming our freest, happiest, most authentic, best selves as we follow Him in faith."

I was up at 4:30 this morning. Our plan is to leave at six for the valley. James's appointment at Barrow Brain & Spine is at 9:30 so that's cutting it close. It was a little after six when we actually left. We went the Globe way because they don't blast on Monday. We stopped at our Circle K outside of Superior for gas, a potty break, and our tuna sandwich. 

James hurries to Chandler and we arrive around 9:25. I drop James off in front of Barrow's at 9:27 while I got park in the hospital's parking garage. We both go in to see Dr. Wilson. He shows us the CT scan and explains where the blood is and compares it to the one from November 26th. He says he is pleased with the progress James is making. He still does not want him to go back on his blood thinner yet, only the baby aspirin.

While we are in the parking lot James calls Armando about the Hatch job. James asks him a couple of questions and then when he hangs us he says we don't have to go to Hatch's. Instead of going to Hatch's we head for Costco in Gilbert. 

Here are the things we got at Costco: Some khaki flannel lined pants for James, Pom and acai juice, soup, pistachios, 13 gallon and 33 gallon trash bags, Dawn dishwashing liquid, and some granola that we sampled and liked. We got out to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. I left James wandering around with the basket while I walked over to Deseret Book. It didn't take him long to find the car and follow me over to Deseret Book.

I bought two pair of garments, two tops, and two bottoms. I had $17.10 left on my gift card. My total came to $17. I left the gift card with the cashier with the ten cents on it.

It was lunch time and we were planning on going to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I looked closer at the gift card and Texas Roadhouse doesn't open until 3 pm. Well, I guess we aren't going there. Our other gift card was to Jersey Mikes so I did a search to find one nearby. I actually wanted to go to the Cafe Rio near Deseret Book but I gave James the choice, Cafe Rio for Taco Tuesday, or Jersey Mike's. He chose Jersey Mike's. 

We ate lunch and then James talked about going to see his mom and Dawn and Aunt Faye. I really did not feel well and just wanted to go home so James called his Aunt Faye and left her a message. 

We headed for home, back tracking a little to go home the Payson way. It is only 12:30. We were so happy to see that the construction project is finished so there was no stopping! We got gas in Show Low and we were home by 4 o'clock. Tom was in the house waiting for us. He went outside for awhile. 

My middle finger on my left hand is infected so I put some Neosporin on it and wrapped it in tape. Tom came back in and sat on my lap on the recliner while I was watching "Wicked." He liked all of the movement and color and kept watching the screen.

James said Apollo was in the backyard and he can't figure out how he got in. 


Sammy wants to be Tom's friend 
but Tom doesn't want anything to
do with him.

These photos were taken in 
December but some how I
missed posting them.




Such a sweetie!






No comments: