Tuesday, January 21, 2025

Thursday, January 9th, 2025: Lo 16 Hi 28, Sammy still afraid of me, Inklings, PayPal scam, Liberty Mutual increase, Cleaned church w/Allen's and Susan Crane & her kids, President Nelson "Embrace the Future with Faith"

 

Fortaleza, Brazil
164th operating temple
Dedicated: 2 June 2019
By: Ulisses Soares

Book of Mormon
1 Nephi 7:16-8:15
Come Follow Me
D&C 1:12-30, 34-36
The Restoration helps me face the challenges of the latter days.
October General Conference
'His Hand Ready to Help Us'
Juan Pablo Villar
" If we think celestial, we will realize that our Savior will be there as many times as necessary to provide help if we want to learn, change, overcome, cope, or succeed in whatever will bring true and everlasting happiness to our lives."

This weather is disheartening since there isn't any snow. The hi was 28 and the lo 16. Brrrr!

I listened to Inklings today and as part of "Come Follow Me" James and I listened to a talk by President Nelson from 2020, "Embrace the Future with Faith." In this talk President Nelson uses Captain Moroni as an example of preparedness. He reminds us that Captain Moroni was prepared in three different ways: 1.) He provided places of safety for his people, 2.) He encouraged his people to be faithful to the Lord, 3.) He NEVER STOPPED PREPARING!!

Here are a few more notes I jotted down from the talk:
We need to make our home a personal sanctuary of faith along with our churches and temple. He says that our Book of Mormon is our latter-day survival guide. "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

I bought something online today and right afterwards I got a notice from Paypal that looked like this:


I called the number to see if this was legit. This guy talked to me and I said I wanted my Paypal account cancelled and he said, "Of course." My first sign he wasn't legitimate. He started telling me all of these things I needed to do and I said, "No I'm not doing any of that, I am done with this conversation" and hung up. He wasn't legit.

Chuck Crane called James today and asked who our home owners insurance was with because his got cancelled. We are with Liberty Mutual and I looked up our policy. It has gone up $3,000 this year probably because we are in a fire hazard zone. We are now paying $10,057.00 a year. Chuck was paying around $4,000 so he wasn't interested in Liberty Mutual. It looks like we have two choices, either don't have insurance which is what Chuck is doing, or pay an enormous premium which is what we are doing. Because we have a mortgage on the house we have to have insurance.

I was going to go to town today to mail the Christmas packages to Texas but it was just too cold. At 5:00 James and I went down to the church to help Steve & Tina Allen and Susan Crane and her kids clean. It took us less than an hour.

I found out today that I won't be teaching Relief Society on the 26th. It is our ward conference and the stake will be teaching. That is fine, but I wish I would have known sooner. I asked Rosie and she said I could still teach Elder Christofferson's lesson and I was happy.  I have already ordered things to use for my handout, a shovel and a sword, representing burying our weapons of rebellion. 



I wish I was there to eat at Charlie's cafe.
I would order a hamburger with cheese,
tomato, and mustard.






No comments: