Thursday, April 11, 2024

Tuesday April 2, 2024: Judy Hunter service project, Tom locked in years supply room, temple cleaning, Tom watches a video of himself, Earthquake in Taiwan

 

Palmyra, New York
77th operating temple
Dedicated: 6 April 2000
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Book of Mormon
Jacob 2:1-16
Come Follow Me
Jacob 1:6-8, 15-19; 2:1-11 "I have an 'errand from the Lord.'"
April General Conference
"Put Ye On the Lord Jesus Christ" Sister J. Anette Dennis
Book
Visions of Glory

 There was a service project at Judy Hunter's this morning that James participated in. She is moving all of her belongings out of her house into a connex container. It will be a couple of months before she will be able to move back into her house because of her broken waterline and flood.

Before James left he went downstairs to check on the basement leak. He didn't realize that Tom had followed him down when he shut the years supply room door. I didn't realize Tom had gone downstairs either. Yesterday he went upstairs and went to sleep under the bed in James's office. That's where I thought he was this morning.

James was gone for a couple of hours.  When he returned I asked him if he would go upstairs and check on Tom. He came back down and said, "He's not there." Where is he? Maybe he went downstairs with me this morning. He came back with Tom and a disgusted look on his face. "I locked him in the years supply room and he tore up the carpet trying to get out." Poor Tom! He deserves a treat.

We had another service project this evening that James participated in. He helped to clean the Snowflake temple. He picked up Collin and Wendy Dewitt to ride with him. Wendy asked him where I was. He said I wasn't feeling well. Wendy said, "Oh, I'm disappointed."

Others who helped clean the temple from our ward:
Cress & Richard Miller, Stefani & Sean Hunsaker, Alicia Hunsaker, Willy & Janna Grombach, Ralph & Cheryl Sedig, Chris & Becky Skousen, Sam & Amy Gordon, Lindsay Shaw, and Bob Hipps. 

At home I bonded with Tom. He jumped up on my desk while I was looking at photos and videos on my computer. Tom was interested in watching a video of himself playing with his bird. He followed me around most of the evening and we ended up sleeping on the recliner.

There was an earthquake in Taiwan today. It reminded Collin of them serving in Taipei on their temple mission and living in a ten story apartment.



Love Sister Kapp!!

Alice, the granddaughter is my favorite.

Celestial dream kitchen

Alex caught this fish in one of the
neighborhood lakes in the east valley


I know! Too many of my sleeping cat.
I just can't help it, I'm in love!

Scarlett's ballet class



 



No comments: