Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thursday, April 11, 2024: Left arm still out of commission, Up movie w/ Melissa Gilbert & Corbin Bernsen soo good, Inklings, J works dwnstrs, 70 degrees, J's mtg- Brother Johnson

 

Montreal, Quebec
86th operating temple
Dedicated: 4 June 2000
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Book of Mormon
Jacob 5:61-77
Come Follow Me
Jacob 6:4-5 "The Lord remembers His people in love and mercy"
April General Conference
"All Things for Your Good" by Elder Gerrit W. Gong
Book
"The Savior in Kirtland"

Watched Inklings this morning. I am excited about this years study on key of the priesthood and the 109th section of the Doctrine and Covenants.

My left arm is still out of commission. I managed to one handedly prepare a frozen pizza for lunch though. I wanted to get back on my schedule today but obviously that isn't going to happen.

James and I watched an Up movie today that was so good.  Melissa Sue Gilbert and Corbin Bernsen are the grandparents of two girls that were dropped off by their mother at their house as she goes to New York to seek a career in the music industry. She never comes back. The girls father is in the army and is fighting in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot. He winds up being killed so the girls are raised by these two grandparents. It is funny, serious and so touching. I loved it and saved it on my DVR. The movie is called "When We Last Spoke."

The weather was beautiful today with the high around 70 degrees. I think spring is finally here. It's 90 degrees in the valley so I am glad we are here instead of there.

We started a new book this evening. It's called, "Finding Jane Fairfax."

James had a presidency meeting this evening. We made a quick trip to Dollar General before his meeting. I was going to drop him off at the church on the way home until Chuck called and said Collin was going to be 15 minutes late. James was happy so he could go home and change is clothes and freshen up.

Today is Jeffrey Maxwell's 33rd birthday and Dennis & Denise's anniversary. I still remember my mom standing is as Dennis's best "man" at their wedding outside in Greer.












 Nap and bath time

















No comments: