Thursday, February 22, 2024

Tuesday, February 13, 2024: Baked sugar cookies for the sisters I minister to & Kathy Crane, Visit Catherine & Kerri and then Janna, Trina's text, Brock Purdy

 

Sydney, Australia
28th operating temple
Dedicated: 20 Sep 1984
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Book of Mormon
2 Nephi 4:1-9
Come Follow Me
2 Nephi 3:6-24
Joseph Smith was chosen by God to restore the Gospel.
October General Conference
"Hallmarks of Happiness" by Elder Gary B. Sabin
Article
"Cutting Covenants" by Jared T. Parker
Book
"Who Shall Be Able to Stand? Finding Personal Meaning in the Book of Revelation" by S. Michael Wilcox p. 8

This morning I baked sugar cookies for the sisters I minister to, Janna Grombach and Catherine Halcomb, my partner, Kathy Crane, the Tignor's, and James and I. James loves them without frosting. 
I still had a big batch of dough left. I decided I'll make cookies again on Friday for the Wallace funeral on Saturday, as I signed up to bring a dessert.



Cute Valentines:

James went in to town this morning to make a return on the electrodes he bought for his neuropathy. Hopefully he will get all of his $350 back. He also bought us a new welcome mat for our front porch. Michelle Tesarek said we needed a bigger one because our porch is so big. He also bought me a vanilla waffle cone at Culver's.

I love it and I think Michelle will approve. 

Kathy picked me up in her very muddy Suburban a little late, around 12:15. Catherine called us on the way because we were late. I'm glad Kathy's Suburban is muddy because my car is muddy and if hers wasn't I would have felt bad. (My insecuritites).

Kathy and I had a nice visit with Catherine and Kerri. Kerri got a new display case for all of her Lego creations. She had several temples from the Brick'em Young sets.  One she had was the Provo City Center temple. I told her I had that temple and it was halfway put together and then the instructions were lost. Kerri went and got the instructions and gave them to me. I was so excited! I set them on the counter while I was looking at something Catherine was showing me and I left them there. Yikes! I'm as forgetful as James.

I was anxious to go because it was getting close to 1:00 and Janna was coming to my house to meet with Kathy and I at 1:00. Before we left Catherine said she is lonely much of the time without her husband and Kerri being gone teaching school most days. She had prayed someone would come and visit her and she said we were an answer to her prayer. How sweet. She gave each of us a hug before we left.

I texted Janna we would be a little late and sure enough when we got back to my house she was waiting for us. She had made chocolate covered strawberries for each of us. How thoughtful. One of my favorite treats!

The three of us had a fun visit. Janna talked about her mom and getting someone to clean her house. We also talked about how there aren't any good dress shops in the Show Low area and Janna says she would like to open one. We talked about the possibility of getting a new stake president at stake conference and who would be the apostle that is coming. The strawberries were delicious!

Oh yes, Kathy told us that Ruth Wallace will be living in the valley with her daughter Lianne. One of her other daughters and her husband will be running their ranch, The Diamond W Ranch.

Kathy also told me after Janna left that the hospice ladies called Owen and they will be coming in five days a week to help take care of Donna. This is such good news!

I was exhausted this afternoon and so was Tom. We took a nap together.

James and I watched an episode of "All Creatures Great and Small" as recommended by Stacy. We both liked it.


New addition to our centerpiece

Painted rock art








 




No comments: