Winchester, Virginia
Groundbreaking ceremony held on 9 Aug 2025;
full-scale construction pending.
Book of Mormon
3 Nephi 23:1-14
D&C
128:20-25
Come Follow Me
Kevin R. Duncan, "A Voice of Gladness", AGC 2023
"A Glorious and Wonderful Provision."
Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Great Things Which God Has Revealed", AGC 2005
October General Conference
'That All May Be Edified'
Brother Chad H. Webb
'Humble Souls at Altars Kneel'
Elder Jeremy R. Jaggi
Up at 3:36.
I met our guests this morning, Micahel's friends: Izzy, Zaria, AnJoli, Chris, Victor and Will. Izzy left her shoes at Michael's house and so she borrowed my black tennis shoes when they went to Darby's for breakfast and then shopping at Walmart. She bought a pair of boots at Walmart.
James left around 7 or so this morning to help cut wood for the widow's woodpile. He worked until about 10 o'clock when his chainsaw hit a rock and he had to come home. He said as fast as he would cut the wood the elders would toss it into Pierce's trailer.
Ward members were scattered in the woods working and he couldn't see everyone who was there. For lunch hotdogs and hamburgers were served.
I spent my early morning preparing, praying, and studying the gospel. Midmorning I began working on my blog. I posted about 40 pictures for October 28th. 38 were from Kim & Brian's Halloween party. I took breaks to watch Christmas movies and rest with Tom who spent most of the day in our room. I had our bedroom door closed because Namira is here. Once James left it open and Namira came in. She didn't see Tom and I don't know if Tom saw her because he was over by his food dish.
James worked outside most of the afternoon.
Michael made his famous steak sandwiches on ciabatta bread with apples and a side of focaccia bread with rosemary. That is a lot of bread. I had one bite of the ciabatta bread with butter, and it was yummy. James went in and got us some sliced steak, and it was delicious. He asked Michael what kind of steak it was, and Michael said strip steak. Probably New York strip steak.
James actually watched a Christmas movie with me tonight. It is the newest Hallmark, "Christmas Above the Clouds" starring Erin Krakow and Tyler Hynes. It is another take on Scrooge. Erin was the scrooge, with the name of Ella Neezer. I didn't like it at first and actually fell asleep during the best part where Ella gets a heart. Still, I was so happy that James sat down and watched it with me as he rarely does that anymore. I am beginning to think the older Christmas movies are better than some of these new ones they are cranking out. It seems like they are going for quantity more than quality.
"Priesthood authority to represent the Savior and act in His name again is found on the earth."
- Elder David A. Bednar, AGC 2025
D&C 128:22
Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory!
Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.
I don't know who the other guy is
I understand the avocado toast is to
die for. I texted this to Michael for
furture reference.
No comments:
Post a Comment