Friday, April 18, 2025

Wednesday, April 16, 2025: Happy 27th Xander, 7:30 oil change in car, shopping, Matt Hipps's, Cheryl Sedig, Penny the talking cat, RS & EQ pick talks for lessons but not Pres. Nelson's

 

Spokane, Washington
59th operating temple
Dedicated: 21 Aug 1999
By: Gordon B. Hinckley


Book of Mormon
Mosiah 9:1-19
Come Follow Me
Jesus Christ accomplished a "perfect atonement" for me.
Holy Week: Wednesday
April General Conference
'The Plan of Mercy'
Elder James R. Rasband
"The Lord is merciful and our Heavenly Father's plan of salvation is truly a plan of mercy."

James and I both went to our 7:30 appointment at Walmart to change the oil in the car. I did some shopping. James helped me for a little while until the car was finished. He then drove the car to Lakeside-Pinetop to meet with Brother Hipps's son Matt about doing some work in his yard. Matt Hipps is in our stake and is on the high council. He says he work with the Fort Apache branch and loves it. 
I only waited a few minutes for James to return and pick me up. I bought a couple of small breakfast burritos at Carl's Jr. while I waited, one for me and one for James. I didn't finish mine because I thank it was really bland. James said he really liked it. I wonder if there is something wrong with my taste buds.

After getting home and unloading my groceries I headed to Cheryl Sedig's with the Easter basket I made her. The basket if full of some of my favorite things that I hope she will like too. Cheryl broke her leg in three places and had to stay in bed with her leg elevated. It is in a plaster cast right now. She goes in next week to get a "boot."

We had a nice visit. I felt bad for her because she is a very active person and it must be so difficult for her to have to stay in bed all of the time. It must be hard for Ralph too who isn't use to staying at home. Usually he is with Willy Grombach and they are in Willy's shop or Ralph's. 

After my visit with Cheryl I came home and Tom and I took a nap on the recliner. I listened to Courtney Rich on "Follow Him" and thought she did a great job. I am also addicted to watching Aymie Herman's Penny the Talking Cat videos.

This evening the elder's quorum presidency and the Relief Society presidency met together to choose the conference talks we will use for lessons for the next six months. James was gone less than an hour. He said it was just him and Chuck and Rosie Lauritzen and Kristine Hipps from Relief Society. They chose twelve talks but they did not choose President Nelson's. I was quite upset. The women seemed to think the talk was too short. They also said that they were going to encourage the teachers to mention President Nelson's talk in each lesson. 

I cooked myself a steak this evening. James didn't want one. He walked and listened to our book by Heidi Kimball, "A Guarded Heart."

He also texted with Leigh Ann and Darryl Johnson about the conflict he has with them. He is meeting them on the job next Monday with the Registrar of Contractors.

Tom slept outside again. It was very windy. I think it's blowing in the storm that is supposed to be here this weekend.

Happy 27th Birthday Xander!



Kim made Xander a cake:
Cinnamon bundt cake with a 
cinnamon butter glaze.





Crab apple tree

No comments: