Thursday, April 17, 2025

Monday, April 14th, 2025: Leigh Ann Johnson files a complaint against Lambson Construction w/ the Registrar of Contractors, my ministering sisters visit, bread from Hipps's,

 

Bogota, Columbia
57th operating temple
Dedicated: 24 Apr 1999
By: Gordon B. Hinckley

Book of Mormon
Mosiah 7:18-33
Come Follow Me
April 14-20 "I Am He Who Liveth, I Am He Who Was Slain"
Easter - Introduction and Jesus Christ Lives
Holy Week - Monday, "He Healed Them" (Matthew 21:14)
April General Conference
'And We Talk of Christ'
Elder Gary E. Stevenson
"Christ is at the center of His Church and should be at the center of our lives."

Well here we go. Leigh Ann Johnson, Darryl Johnson's wife filed a complaint against Lambson Construction to the Registrar of Contractors. James has to meet the Registrar at the job on Monday, April 21st. These people have some nerve. James released the lien when they still owe us $7,000 for the job and $2,600 for a personal loan we gave them to get their car out of hawk. Will this nightmare never end?

I love my new eye mister. I put distilled water in it, it turns to steam and soothes my eyes. Much better than using drops. 

I had a visit this morning from my ministering sisters, Stefani Hunsaker and Susan Goodman. They brought me a treat and a gift. 
Here is a picture of the gift:


Pierce and Susan went to Owen's wedding in Bugaloosa, Louisiana. Susan also told about their trip to Oklahoma to take supplies to Pierce's nephew whose house burned down. On the way home the wind was so bad their trailer blew in to a semi-truck. They had to leave the trailer by the side of the road. Susan told how scary it was. I told about my mom being blown in to a semi-truck on the day she passed away. We also talked about fires. 

Tom had been asleep upstairs when Stefani and Susan arrived. He came down, stretched with his bum facing them and then sharpened his claws on the rug much to Susan's dislike. I told him if he couldn't behave he needed to go outside. He was happy to oblige.

James knew I was having visitors this morning. His way of helping out was to wash the dishes and make the bed. I really do appreciate his thoughtfulness.

I paid bills and worked on my closet this afternoon. I also scheduled an appointment to get the oil changed in my car at Walmart at 7:30 Wednesday morning. 

 Cheryl's basket is finished except for some colored pencils. 

A few of my favorite things

Brother Hipps brought us some bread that his wife made. It was a round "loaf" and tasted of rosemary. Quite warm and delicious and it went well with the asparagus and steak that I made for dinner.

James and I started a new book by Heidi Kimball called, "A Guarded Heart." 

71 degrees was the high, making it a beautiful day.


Bread from our friends Bob & Kristine Hipps








No comments: