Friday, May 29, 2026

Monday, May 25th, 2026: Rain since early this morning, JA & Taliq arrived during the night, Joshua 2&3, Alma 5, JA & T visit horses & Tom before going to town, hike Greens Peak in the snow, rain & hail, James works outside, I made beans, JA & T steak dinner - they share with me

Montreal, Quebec
Temple #86


It was raining when I got up this morning. When I told James he said, "It's been raining since 3 a.m." Wow! This is so exciting because we rarely get rain in June! We need it so badly! It was a glorious morning!

Jared Ammon and his friend Taliq got here a little after one. When they get up they go and visit the horses and then Jared asks about Tom. Tom is asleep on the recliner in our bedroom but I take them in to see him. They pet him and afterwards, he gets up and walks away.
The guys are going in to town to get food for dinner. James offers eggs for breakfast but they decline. 

When Jared and Taliq get back from town they get ready to go to Greens Peak. They brought two cars, Jared's Mustang and Taliq's SUV. They took the Mustang to town and the SUV to Greens Peak. 
They ran up the mountain in rain, hail, and snow, but they did it. 

James worked outside when it wasn't raining. He climbs the big tall ladder in the front to sand and stain, even though I ask him not to. 
I made calico beans for him today. He loves them. It's a day when you want to sit down to a hearty bowl of soup, stew, or beans.

The cookies I made yesterday are quite popular. The guys like them and so do James and I. I had two today. James had quite a few more. He says he had ten...I hardly think so.

This evening Jared cooked steaks on the grill and Taliq made broccolini and fried potatoes. They invited me to eat with them. I told them I would have some steak, which I did. It was delicious. It was during dinner that Jared told me he was volunteering at an animal rescue center. Right now he is working with dogs but he hopes to work with cats too. He does love animals.

James was working outside and said he didn't need any steak. 

Tom slept most of the day in the house, cuddling with me and then James. He decided to stay outside tonight. 

Today was a beautiful day! Happy Memorial Day!

I got a card ready to send to Janna Grombach for her birthday on the 28th.

"Among the qualities that adorn true disciples of Christ, temperance stands out as a reflection of the Savior Himself."
- Dale G. Renlund

Judges 2:7
And the people served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great works of the LORD, that he did for Israel.

I ordered one of these today.
Gues which color I ordered?

This is what I would say to Debbie Schwarz
about her husband Don.



My yummy breakfast

Can you find Dave, James, and Terry.
Cousin Jeanie is in this photo too.










 

No comments: